job summary: Data Lake - Lead Analyst
Lead Data Analyst works under the direction of the Analyst Team Manager in the Data Lake Analytics Platform. This Lead Analyst will have extensive experience with conceptual/logical data modeling and excellent SQL skills. Experience with defining metadata and with the curation and publishing of data in Big Data Hadoop Platform is also needed. Experience and understanding of IT Agile Methodology is a plus. Other responsibilities will include mentoring a team of analysts; ensuring consistent communication within the team and helping drive and develop consistent and accurate processes by the analyst team. Strong oral and written communication is a must to this role.
location: Quincy, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 80 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Work closely with business and IT teams to define, clarify and refine functional or
technical data requirement specifications.
- Serve as the modeler who can develop and understand conceptual and logical business models which will be used to generate physical data models and database schema by
- Ability to translate detailed business requirements into complex SQL
- Understand data models to support both RDBMS and NoSQL based databases and how
they map to business requirements.
- Ability to understand Hadoop infrastructure and write queries to support data analysis
- Ability to put data analysis into clear systems documentation, including technical sections of proposals, requirements documents, project plans, and project schedules.
- Collaborate with technical teams to develop coordinated plans to meet
Work closely and mentor the Data Lake Analyst Team.
- 10+ years of industry experience as Data Analyst/Systems Analyst or Developer.
- 5+ years of experience with major RDBMS (Oracle, Netezza, DB2, SQL server) with hands on experience in data analysis using SQL
- Extensive experience writing complex SQL statements is required
- Experience creating logical/conceptual/physical models
- Healthcare claims domain knowledge is a plus
- Knowledge of Hadoop stack: Hive and Impala
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Bachelors degree or higher in Computer Science/Information Systems/Statistics/Mathematics Data Analysis or related field.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.