Senior Application Support Analyst
We are seeking a highly motivated application support analyst with a strong technical
and front office systems background to join our trading systems team. This is a unique
opportunity to join a growing team responsible for the firm's front office applications.
Candidates should have excellent client facing skills, be able to independently problem
solve and possess the ability to clearly articulate technical issues. The candidate would
become the face of the application to our front office professionals.
location: Culver City, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $110,000 - 115,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
Primary Function & Essential Responsibilities
- Work closely with technology and trading professionals in triaging and resolving
production support issues.
- Will possess a strong sense of ownership in developing business requirements.
The candidate will work with development teams to design solutions, manage
adoption and support of those solutions.
- Development and application configuration commensurate to the candidate's skill
level with the application.
- Develop strong relationships with business users to drive technology
development and adoption.
- Facilitate user acceptance testing.
BS in Computer Science or equivalent technical training and professional work
skills: Skills & Abilities
- 2+ year's cumulative experience in front office systems as a business analyst,
some development experience or technical support.
- Meticulous and self-driven with an ability to perform analysis and clearly
communicate gaps in analysis to business and requirements to development
- A strong understanding of software development practices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Technical Platform Specialty:
- Would prefer exposure to one or more of the following business platforms related
to investment management:
- Trading and Settlements Platforms (e.g. Black Mountain Systems' Everest),
Portfolio Accounting (e.g. Advent - Geneva, MarkIT - Wall Street Office), Risk
Management systems or performance reporting systems (Eagle - PACE, data
warehouse).Advanced SQL Server T-SQL skills and or database administration experience.
- Advanced SQL Server T-SQL skills and or database administration experience.
A solid understanding of joins, sub queries, functions, stored procedures,
optimization and other advanced SQL concepts.
- Experience with XML/Xpath/XSLT technologies.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.