job summary: Job Title:
Technical Support Specialist - 10a.m. to 6p.m.
The Technical Support Specialist is responsible for providing Level II technical hardware and software support.
location: Washington, Washington, D.C.
job type: Permanent
salary: $60,000 - 80,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 6
- Assist users to resolve computer related problems such as inoperative hardware or software, including network connections.
- Assist with work projects such as converting to new hardware or software.
- Use and maintain call records in IT Incident Management System.
- Maintain Personal Computers, printers, monitors, and scanners (collectively "Hardware") in good operating condition, correcting product malfunctions and failures.
- Hardware Support functions that include, but not limited to, end user support, desktop support, laptop support, visiting office setups, and Blackberry tasks. Perform computer imaging and post image configurations, and basic printer troubleshooting working with the vendor on repairs.
- Manage and process Hardware warranty claims and issues, and facilitate warranty repairs with third party vendors.
- Provide preventive hardware and software maintenance on Hardware at regularly scheduled intervals, perform diagnostics and adjust electronic components or update new software releases as necessary.
- Provide break/fix support for telephone hardware at Users' desktops, including handsets, telephone cords and telephone base-units. This does not include programming of phones.
- Software support functions that include, but not limited to, troubleshooting of applications that are standard within our environment. Installation and configuration of software, and support of third party applications in coordination with vendors.
- Install business-related software and resolve hardware and software problems on Personal Computers.
- Ensure the visiting lawyers can access Firm data and outside visitors can connect to the Internet, as well as, ensure visitor equipment is setup and functioning prior to the visitor's arrival.
- Manage the assets both deployed and in inventory, maintaining accurate Remedy records for each user and each piece of equipment. Coordinate and perform Hardware moves, changes and exchanges.
- Perform other duties as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the Duties and Responsibilities (Duties) above satisfactorily and meet the requirements below. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
- Proven success supporting technology and delivering high quality customer service
- Experience with windows compatible personal computers and Microsoft Windows 7 and 10
- Smartphone experience, e.g., iPhone, Android
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
Other Skills and Abilities
- Law firm experience
- A+ and Microsoft Office certifications
- Experience with iManage, Adobe, Citrix, VPN software, and remote assistance tools
The following will also be required of the successful candidate:
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Good judgment
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to work harmoniously and effectively with others
- Able to preserve confidentiality and exercise discretion
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines and priorities
- A self-starter who desires to show ownership and commitment to the job
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.