UX Research Assistant Project Overview:
- We follow a simple but vital premise in the UX group: "Focus on the user and all else will follow."
- We're passionately interested in our users and strive to learn everything we can about their goals and needs, attitudes and emotions to help define the products and experiences we create.
- The UX team is a critical driving force behind gathering these insights and then using them to inspire and inform design.
- We are a multi-disciplinary team of interaction designers, visual designers, user researchers, writers and prototypers who collaborate closely with each other and with Engineering and Product Management to create innovative, usable, great-looking products that people love to use.
- As a Research Assistant, you'll have the opportunity to support our research activities in developing innovative, user-friendly, best-of-breed products.
- We are looking for individuals who have excellent communication skills, are diligent, detail-oriented, and can work fairly independently.
location: Mountain View, California
job type: Contract
salary: $40.00 - 44.17 per hour
work hours: 9am to 6pm
responsibilities: Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Assisting with user testing preparation activities.
- Conducting user studies, collecting data, and taking notes.
- Administering questionnaires, surveys, and interviews.
- Analyzing and interpreting qualitative data and generating insights.
- Managing, manipulating and analyzing large quantitative datasets.
- Creating findings and recommendation reports from user studies.
Master's in Human Factors, Industrial Engineering, Cognitive Science, Experimental Psychology, or similar field emphasizing human performance and behavior.
skills: Required Qualifications:
Nice to have skills/Not Required:
- Master's in Human Factors, Industrial Engineering, Cognitive Science, Experimental Psychology, or similar field emphasizing human performance and behavior.
- 1-3 years of experience and comfort with statistical methods and experimental design is required.
- Demonstrated experience with qualitative and quantitative user research & analysis methods.
- Technical aptitude, strong working ability with large datasets and statistical software packages
- Detailed oriented and ability to work independently on a variety of tasks
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Can work independently and prioritize time between multiple projects, and be flexible by adapting to changing schedules and different projects
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.