Position Description Title:
User Experience Researcher The area:
- User Experience We follow a simple but vital premise in the User Experience group: "Focus on the user and all else will follow."
- We're passionately interested in our users and strive to learn everything we can about their goals and needs, attitudes and emotions to help define the products and experiences we create.
- The User Experience team is a critical driving force behind gathering these insights and then using them to inspire and inform design.
- We are a multi-disciplinary team of interaction designers, visual designers, user researchers, copywriters and web developers who collaborate closely with each other and with Engineering and Product Management to create innovative, and usable, products that people love to use.
- The role: User Experience Research Assistant As a Research Assistant, you'll have the opportunity to support our research activities in developing innovative, user-friendly, best-of-breed products.
- We are looking for individuals who have excellent communication skills, are diligent, detail-oriented, and can work fairly independently.
location: Mountain View, California
job type: Contract
salary: $50.00 - 55.21 per hour
work hours: 9am to 6pm
- Assistance in preparing user research activities (working with the recruiters to schedule study sessions, setting up the usability lab etc., finalizing study plans).
- Observing and running usability testing sessions and interviews. - Administering questionnaires, surveys, and interviews.
- Taking notes during user study sessions. - Analyzing qualitative & quantitative data.
- Communicating findings from the study to the research lead and other stakeholders.
- Assistance in creating reports (including creating graphs, highlight videos, slide decks etc.).
- Analyzing, interpreting and summarizing existing research reports.
B.A./B.S. (completed) or M.A/M.S./Ph.D. (in progress or completed) in Human Factors, Psychology,
- B.A./B.S. (completed) or M.A/M.S./Ph.D. (in progress or completed) in Human Factors, Psychology,
- HCI/Computer Science, or other field emphasizing human behavior; or in lieu or degree, some related work experience.
- 2-3+ Years as a Research Assistant or 1 year experience as a Researcher
- Detail-oriented and ability to work fairly independently on a variety of tasks.
- Interest in general research and user research methods.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Can prioritize time between multiple projects, and be flexible by adapting to changing schedules and different projects.
- Technical aptitude, familiarity with basic graphic and video editing tools preferred.
- Knowledge of basic statistical concepts preferred.
- OK with flexible working hours (regular business hours + evenings).
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.