Randstad Technologies is looking for a strong Hyperion Essbase developer in the Orange County market. This role is responsible for designing, developing, implementing and supporting Essbase and Planning Applications utilizing a solid understanding of MAXL, ODI and calc scripting. The team member will demonstrate teamwork, initiative, and leverages excellent client servicing skills to assist business end-users with custom applications. In addition, the individual will effectively manage projects and major enhancements
The ideal candidate demonstrates a high degree of professionalism, excellent communication, analytical, problem-solving and time-management skills. The successful team member is self-motivated and able to develop positive, collaborative relationships while working on multiple priorities.
location: Newport Beach, California
job type: Permanent
work hours: 8 to 5
Primary responsibilities/essential functions:
- Create, modify, and maintain: o BSO and ASO cubes
o Load rules, batch, and ODI scripting
o Automation scripts and maintain system documentation
o Hyperion Planning / Workforce Planning applications
- Identify, implement, and test patches and upgrades
- Maintain up-to-date documentation of Hyperion-related configuration
- Troubleshoot and resolve process and functional & technical issues
- Investigate issues in reports or cubes and provide root cause analysis
- Recommend corrective actions for technical systems issues while taking into account user needs and IT resources
- Import and manipulate data from multiple disparate systems (SQL based, Flat files, Hyperion Enterprise, Essbase, Oracle)
- Monitor application performance, availability, and utilization
- Provide user support, security and other ad hoc requests
- Develop and/or modify calculation scripts, business rules and Planning forms
- Oversee and maintain system performance (connections, data retrieval, and outline restructure)
- Create and maintain security, security filters and Shared Services
- Perform administration activities including installation, update service patches, windows server configuration, environment migration leveraging LCM, performance tuning and monitoring, space management, and disaster recovery preparedness
- Minimum five years of Hyperion Essbase. Essbase Studio and Planning development and administration experience using version 188.8.131.52 or higher
- Minimum three years of experience with Oracle DRM (Data Relationship Management) development and administration experience using version 184.108.40.206 or higher
- Minimum three years of ODI (Oracle Data Integrator) development experience version 220.127.116.11 or higher
- BS/BA in related discipline or combination of education and experience
- Ability to communicate effectively while maintaining honest and open communication with various levels of employees, vendors, and end-users
- High quality written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management skills with the proven ability to prioritize workload efficiently
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.