Data Warehouse Developer
Randstad Technologies is looking for a strong Data Warehouse developer in the Orange County market. This position is responsible for designing, developing, implementing and supporting enterprise databases. The role requires a solid understanding of Business Systems Development using SQL Server (2008 - 2017), Integration Services, Data Quality, Master Data Management and Database Design. The individual will demonstrate teamwork, initiative, and leverage excellent client servicing skills to assist business end-users with custom applications. In addition, the individual will effectively manage projects and major enhancements.
The ideal candidate demonstrates a high degree of professionalism, excellent communication, analytical, problem-solving and time-management skills. The successful team member is self-motivated and able to develop positive, collaborative relationships while working on multiple priorities.
location: Newport Beach, California
job type: Permanent
work hours: 8 to 5
Primary responsibilities/essential functions:
- Complete projects and enhancement work, while ensuring requirements are documented and delivered as specified within the agreed upon timelines
- Complete full life cycle development projects
- Maintain and provide production support for all scheduled SQL jobs and processes
- Maintain and provide production support for existing financial databases, including: Financial Data Warehouse, Client Data Warehouse & Assets under Management systems
- Optimize performance on all reporting and application databases
- Design and develop new systems for various departments, including: Finance, Planning & Analysis, Accounting, Funds, and other teams supported by Corporate Business Systems
- Gather requirements for database modifications from end-users; design, test, and implement modifications to the agreed upon specifications
- Design and implementation of automated validations from various source systems based on record counts and sum totals
- Minimum five years of SQL database development experience preferably in the Financial Services industry
- Experience in Business Systems Development or Financial Systems Administration
- BS/BA in related discipline or combination of education and experience
- Experience developing and supporting Financial Systems and Databases
- Experience troubleshooting performance issues and offer immediate solutions and efficiencies
- Experience using SSIS - importing text files, MS Excel, MS Access and XML files. Using objects like Loop containers and package configurations
- OLAP/SSAS and Data Modelling experience
skills: - Ability to communicate effectively while maintaining honest and open communication with various levels of employees, vendors, and end-users
- High quality written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management skills with the proven ability to prioritize workload efficiently
- DBA experience is a plus
- Experience working with Microsoft Azure and other cloud environments is a plus
- Experience with Data Governance solutions is a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.