Our Client is seeking Project managers with 5 years experience to train in their Industry. The ideal Project Managers will be located in the following States: Raleigh,Seattle, Denver, Kansas City, St. Louis, Indianapolis, and Pennsylvania. Ability to travel up to 50%
The ideal Project Managers must have a thorough understanding of all stages of customer delivery and project management with demonstrable experience executing multiple complex projects to ensure that contractual deliverable are completed and accepted. The Project Manager is the primary point of contact for our Clients customers. The individuals will lead deployment of multiple small - midsize projects and are accountable for flawless execution of projects to meet the contracted equipment, technical and services requirements. This includes management of project schedule, technical resources, risks & issues, financial performance, communications, and internal & customer status reporting.
location: Phoenix, Arizona
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 103,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
responsibilities: Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership, guidance and coaching to members of the project team
- Acting as the face of our Client to customers, develop a trusted, collaborative partnership with the customer and project team
- Conduct periodic performance reviews of project team and provide feedback
- Understand contract administration and manage all contractual obligations, performance levels, and service levels
- Initiate, plan, execute, control, & ensure final customer acceptance of assigned projects.
- Coordinate the activities of the team and indirect support resources to produce deliverables agreed upon with executive, program offices and/or functional management
- Personally manage several customer projects
- Drive issues to resolution independently or via other company resources and manage customer expectations appropriately
- Responsible for reporting financial health of projects; budgeting, & forecasting
- Manage a project's scope, schedule, and cost while managing risk
- Ensure all internal stakeholders (Finance, Sales, Operations, Product Management, executive management) are apprised of status, KPIs, issues, and risks
qualifications: Required Education & Experience:
- Level of Education: Minimum 4 year Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution in relevant area of focus, engineering or information systems, MBA or other advanced degree preferred
- PMP Certification Preferred; minimum expectation is that candidate will become PMP certified within 6 months; Our Client will reimburse training and certification expense for employees.
- 5 to 7 years' experience in technology or project management field, including 3+ years of experience in leading or participating in projects consisting of multi-disciplined project teams
- 3+ years' experience in Gas, Electric, Utility, Telecom or Energy Industry including information systems, infrastructure systems, power plant or industrial control systems, information technology systems, or strongly related area
- Understanding of advanced information systems, database systems and communications networks
skills: Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Business Relationships (Internal & External Customers):
- Thorough knowledge of PMI methodology and standards, and can adhere to company PM procedures and tools/templates/systems
- Strong experience with typical project management tools to ensure assigned project(s) remain on schedule, on budget, and within scope
- Solid understanding and experience working with utilities: gas, electric, manufacturing, Telecom
- Ability to work within a matrix organization and lead resources that may or may not be dedicated to the project(s)
- Can use influence to ensure indirect resources support the assigned project(s) when required
- Strong leadership qualities and the ability to make solid decisions confidently and without perfect information
- Experience with deploying technical, complex solutions to customers
- Strong contract management skills and can manage scope and identify issues requiring documented contract change orders
- Understands how to control projects via effective KPIs and risk management
- Possesses P&L and financial knowledge and ability to forecast revenues and expenses
Daily interaction with internal project stakeholders including but not limited to engineering, product management, sales, technical implementation and all levels of management. Heavy focus on ownership of customer facing activities to support project execution.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.