Embedded Software Engineering Manager
EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY! Great Company - Excellent Work-Life Balance. The COOLEST technology!
Provide the management and technical leadership to plan, organize, and guide the elements of embedded software development for plasma control devices used in semiconductor fabrication applications. The plasma is controlled using pulsed RF power. The manager will be responsible for establishing software project criteria, coordinating the review of software project designs, and ensuring the proper implementation of software project elements. Key activities include leading software project teams, ensuring robust software engineering practices are followed, participating in architecture workshops, and working closely with product development teams to solve difficult technical issues and deliver new products.
location: Rochester, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $125,000 - 135,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
POSITION DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
· Works with the customer, program management, product management, and project management to develop specifications, schedules, resource requirements, and performance of embedded software components.
· Interfaces with customer on project proposals, specifications and troubleshooting to provide customer satisfaction.
· Work with Product and/or Program Management to develop product roadmaps.
· Prioritize work for multiple projects based on roadmaps.
· Plans, organizes, and supervises new product software development, and/or sustaining software development projects.
· Manages all aspects of the Software Product Development Process (PDP) on new products.
· Oversee key engineers, responsible to ensure project targets are met.
· Provide system level or platform level design support.
· Holds necessary embedded software design reviews.
· Follows Design for Manufacturing (DFM) and Design for Reliability (DFR) on all product development.
· Focuses on Software/Firmware Reliability during the development phases of the products, including rigorous regression testing.
· Ensures adequate time to perform the design analysis and simulations, and focuses on risk mitigation.
· Provides and presents reports as required to upper level management and customer on project status and response to customer issues/requests.
· Prototyping product concepts and contributing to firmware architecture.
· Specifying the firmware architecture.
· Organize firmware engineering processes, and lead the way with best practices such as code review, test-driven development, and automated regression testing.
· Assisting other organizational functions in ensuring a successful product launch.
· MS degree in a technical discipline highly desirable
· Agile Scrum Master Certification
· Agile Scrum Product Owner Certification
· Experience in Embedded Systems Development
· Experience with Jenkins based Continuous Integration is a plus
· Experience with Perforce based Software Source Control is a plus
· Experience with VHDL Development
· Experience with C and C++
· Experience with System-On-Chip (SOC) Embedded controllers; including embedded processors within FPGA devices is preferred
· Experience with FPGA test benches for test/validation purposes is a plus
· Experience with Embedded Linux devices, EtherCAT or Ethernet UDP protocols is a plus
· Experience with signal processing in RF systems
· Experience with high speed control system design and system integration
skills: SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
· BS degree in a technical discipline
· Experience in Embedded Software Project Management
· Experience in the Agile Software Development process on embedded systems
· Experience in a Scrum Master role for embedded systems projects
· Experience with software source control and configuration management
· Experience with Continuous Integration software development
· Experience with managing software professionals
· Ten years experience in related engineering capacities required, and a minimum 3 years in project and personnel management
Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
· Domestic & international travel
· Occasional work hour flexibility to accommodate multi-timezone non co-located workers and contractors, and deadlines.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.