Solution Support Engineer
The position is a highly technical hands-on role where the candidate will act as the customer focal point, receiving and resolving complex issues and meeting customer needs. The candidate will provide excellent responsiveness to customer problems, meeting SLA KPI's targets. In addition, the candidate must have excellent "soft skills" as customer interface is required.
Typical solutions to be implemented are Cisco Quantum SON Suite, SON Flex Platform with integrated Mongo DB based on hardware such as HP or Cisco UCS servers. Solutions to be implemented will be as intricate and complex.
Applicant must be knowledgeable on all aspects of RAN(Radio Access Network) including UMTS and LTE architectures, network nodes and their configurations as well as optimizations. Unix experience is a must and scripting knowledge with BASH, python etc. is highly desired. Database knowledge with Oracle, mySQL and Mongo DB is preferred.
Position requires extensive interaction with customers in solution implementation and troubleshooting, which includes answering questions from customers and prospective customers about the features and capabilities the company products.
location: Richardson, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $42 - 5,200 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- 7 + years related technical experience in 3G and 4G RAN at one or more cellular operator/vendor, such as Ericsson, Nokia, Samsung etc.
- 5 + years' experience with extensive hands-on experience on UMTS and LTE RAN design and optimizations
- 5 + years' experience with computer-based systems: UNIX/Linux Administration and System Level Support, preferred with Debian/Ubuntu
- 3 + years' experience in a support role with great troubleshooting skills
- 3 + years' experience in IP networking Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 3 + years of Customer Relations experience - Must be able to deliver
- Presentations to customers and document all work in a professional manner
- Bachelor's Degree or up (Engineering/IT Related)
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- 5+ years of RF experience with RF and Wireless communications
- 3+ years SON or equivalent Mobile Network Optimization software experience
- 3+ years of Unix administrations and operations experience
- 3+ years of cellular vendor OSS experience in terms of operation and configuration, such as Ericsson OSS-RC, ENM, Nokia Netact etc.
- 2 + years of IP networking (TCP/IP, UDP/IP, Multicast/3G-4G/LTE)
- 1+ years hands-on experience with python, java Scripts
- 1+ years of Mongo or SQL DB query and performance tuning experience
- RHCSA or RHCE
- Work with customer and engineering to resolve complicated system problems
- Architect/design and install SON lab providing SME level support within team
- Maintain up to date knowledge of the customer's production configuration and third-party apps
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently using his/her own initiative and judgment
- Expertise with RAN optimizations, Unix and scripting.
- Willingness to adapt quickly to changing situations
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.