The Software Requirement Contract Engineer will ensure software requirements are created to a high standard and that the software implementation meets design parameters.
location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
job type: Contract
salary: $54 - 57 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Create new software requirements for a new product platform based upon legacy software design and specifications.
- Formulate design criteria by independently gathering information and utilizing available resources to develop acceptance criteria.
- Participate in design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems.
- Develop the design validation plan for the developed specifications to ensure test coverage.
- Document software defects, using a bug tracking system, and report defects to software developers.
- Review software documentation to ensure technical accuracy, compliance, or completeness, or to mitigate risks.
- Collaborate with internal customers evaluate or diagnose problems and recommend possible solutions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering and at least 5 years of experience in software or control system development.
- Working experience in software development and software quality assurance. Experience in embedded system or software development
- Experience with design failure mode and effects analysis (DFMEA) and design validation plan and report (DVP&R) generation.
- System analysis to properly determine how a system should work and how it should react to changes in conditions and operations.
- Technical writing.
- Familiarity with engine control, HVAC or refrigeration systems would be a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.