A client of ours in San Antonio, Texas is looking for a Senior Network Engineer for a direct hire opportunity.
location: San Antonio, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $120,000 - 130,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
- Monitor and maintain routine data, voice, video and wireless network hardware and systems
- Investigate, resolve and/or escalate network and hardware matters of significance
- Research, analyze and isolate errors; assists in assessing and updating older networks as required
- Participate in project design and modeling activities, development, and cross-training of IT resources for successful long-term integration of technologies
- Serve as primary escalation point for technical support of data, voice, video and wireless networks for internal and/or external customers; answers routine technical questions; recommends and implements approved course of action.
- Follow change control procedures
- Lead design, implementation and maintenance of various networks such as LAN, WAN, video and wireless systems in accordance with specified requirements. Prepares data or video network diagrams and drawings to document and assist in communicating current operation status of networks.
- Works independently and leads others as needed to determine root cause quickly and completely.
Qualified candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Preferred bachelor's degree in computer science or related technology or engineering fields or equivalent combination or experience and education
- Five (5) plus years related work experience
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) level experience preferred. ? CCIE (Certified Internetwork Expert) Certification preferred
- Experience with enterprise firewall management, enterprise WLAN management, VPN, WAN optimization technologies and web content filtering solutions
- Experience in designing solutions that are guided by and compliant with industry standard audit and compliance standards such as PCI and SSAE16
- In depth experience with TCP/IP related protocols, IP routing protocols and firewall technologies
- Experience working in a large enterprise environment, including five (5) plus years of Cisco LAN experience
- Extensive experience in packet analysis (Pcaps)
- OSI Layers
- Must have CCNA or CCNP
- Experience with Nexus OS, BGP, wireless authentication 802.1x
- Knowledge around load balancing
- CCIE is a nice to have
- some architecture and design experience
- Experience working in multi- environments
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.