We are currently seeking a Test Automation Architect & Developer who is up to the task of working in a fast paced, high demand environment. This is a full time salaried position. You will join a talented team responsible for testing and delivering innovative products to market that covers everything from hardware system integrations to web based user interfaces. You will have opportunities to learn many different technologies and business industries. You will be rewarded for working effectively, diligent, self-sufficient, and by inspiring innovation.
location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 110,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
responsibilities: Primary Job Responsibilities (including but not limited to)
Aptitude, Expertise, Team Work
- Learn and adapt to the ever changing hardware and software environments of payment systems and processing
- Work with various payment hardware devices and POS systems within the lab environment
- Read and understand business requirements and technical design documentation
- Provide assistance or suggestions to influence product design
- Work well with a team to meet deadlines sharing in responsibilities and providing assistance
- Train production support staff and technicians on new products and features, system setup and configuration
- Plan and schedule for upcoming projects and do everything necessary to meet deadlines and commitments
Quality Assurance and Testing
- Create and execute thorough test plans, including positive and negative testing, functional testing, and regression tests
- Test efficiently with innovative tools and automation
- Identify defects in the software prior to deployment to a live environment
- Report defects and track their progress through Jira
- Work with engineers on troubleshooting and identifying root causes
- Execute regression tests after production releases performing post implementation validations
skills: Preferred Skills and Experience
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent industry experience
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Expertise in developing Functional testing frameworks.
- Expertise in developing Mocks for Functional Testing.
- Expertise in developing Service testing frameworks.
- Expertise in Functional testing frameworks such as Capybara, Selenium
- Expertise in using Git or Svn
- Ability to work in a continuous delivery space and tool such as Jenkins
- Ability to work in an iterative development space using methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban
- Ability to work closely with Product in understanding the requirements and making sure the acceptance criteria is addressed appropriately in the stories.
- Ability to work closely with the Development team to continuously improve the quality of the automated tests
- Ability to work with Project Management tools such as Jira
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.