Lead and direct a very small close knit team in the design and development of software related to Medical Devices. If you want to be a part of a team and a company who makes a difference in the lives of people, this is a great job for you. This small team is very easy going, yet they know what it takes to work in an FDA regulated environment where their efforts are recognized and rewarded.
location: Durham, North Carolina
job type: Permanent
work hours: 9 to 5
Manage a group of employees with responsibility for results of group in terms of costs, methods, deliverables and group dynamics.
- Manages software engineering function with responsibility for results in terms of costs, methods, deliverables and team dynamics.
- Develops software engineering capabilities through development of subordinates.
- Develops software engineering capabilities by implementing improvements in and adaptations to methodologies, processes, products and systems.
- Coordinates with other function leaders.
- Work as part of an inter-disciplinary team to develop requirements and design specifications, as well as other design control documentation.
- Supports software and system verification and validation testing activities.
- Keeps abreast of technical knowledge in the field.
- Provides senior management with regular updates.
- Works on problems of diverse scope in which analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Acts as advisor to subordinate(s) to meet schedules and/or resolve technical problems.
Develops and/or administers departmental budgets, schedules, and performance requirements
2 years related experience with PhD in computer science, engineering, or related discipline
4 years related experience with MS in computer science, engineering, or related discipline
8 years related experience with BS in computer science, engineering, or related discipline
- Knowledge of software development methodologies.
- Proven ability to provide technical leadership within a team and influence without authority.
- Experience with object-oriented programming and software change tracking processes.
- Experience using C# and .NET.
- Effective analytical and quantitative skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective organizational skills.
- The ability to read, understand and conform to established policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively on an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to commit to/deliver on assigned tasks.
- Ability to learn and understand diverse and complex systems.
- Knowledge of FDA Design Regulations.
- Experience with Continuous Integration or automated build systems preferred.
- Knowledge of Windows Embedded Operating system preferred.
- Knowledge of InstallShield preferred.
- Knowledge of XUnit.NET preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.