job summary: Our client is currently seeking a Mid-Level Project Manager for a 1 year contract opportunity located in San Francisco, CA.
- Are you open to seeing local and non-local candidates? Prefer to have someone local.
- PMP certification - desired, not required
- Strong project management and communication skills.
- Working with system implementation architects, AWS, Center of excellence and IT.
- Strong financial knowledge/background desired
- Candidates need to know the "speak of IT" and how to translate it back to business
location: San Francisco, California
job type: Contract
salary: $85 - 97 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
- Responsible for the concurrent management of one or more small to medium moderately complex projects for our Finance system clients.
- These projects are one-time, multitask jobs that have clearly defined start and end dates, a specific scope of work, a budget, required resources, and a specified performance objective to be achieved.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Business, Engineering or equivalent experience
- 7+ years' experience managing one or more moderately complex IT Finance business technology/application implementation projects especially related Financial Planning and modelling
- Implementation experience on 2 full life cycle Enterprise finance projects
- Project Management experience with SAP Finance or Oracle Finance or Strategic Planning, Budgeting, Regulatory, Revenue areas (e.g. SAP Financials, SAP BW, BPC or similar finance software).
- Strong Communications skills, able to speak at all levels of the organization
- Excellent presentations skills
- Goal oriented
- Experience with IT professional service agreements and materials logistics
- Advanced understanding of project management principles and methodologies
- Workforce planning and resource management skills
- Ability to function and manage in a matrixed environment
- Understanding of IT roles and responsibilities
- Understanding of business, and IT strategies and objectives
- Solid PM skills with experience in Financial Systems such as SAP, Oracle, planning & budgeting products
- Advanced skill using MS Office applications Desired
- Experience working in a PMO environment as Project Lead or Project Manager for medium to complex projects
- Prior experience using a Project management tool e.g. HP PPMc, Clarity or Primavera
- Project experience in SaaS or 3rd party implementation model/delivery
- Project Management experience with SAP BW/BI or other data warehousing/analytics tools.
- Skilled in using the following programs - HP PPMC, IT Methodology
- Experience in project delivery using Agile/Scrum framework is desirable
skills: Specific responsibilities include:
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge and technical competence
- Exercises independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance with broad scope and high complexity
- Responsible for leading one or more projects typically between $100,000 - $5,000,000
- Gathering, defining and documenting project requirements
- Clearly defining and communicating roles, responsibilities and expectations for all members of the project team
- Obtaining and defining staffing requirements and forming project teams
- Independently planning all associated work to meet project goals
- Be able to think out of the box to creatively solve complex project challenges
- Providing direction and leadership to project management analysts and schedulers
- Developing metrics, procedures, objectives and methods to assess project progress while utilizing established standards and quality objectives
- Conducting project kick-off meetings
- Communicating individual project roles and expectations
- Ensuring all project team members have the tools and training necessary to perform effectively
- Recording, tracking and communicating issues, risks, changes, and status reports within a standard tool
- Accurately and consistently forecasting project resource, material and contract costs within a standard tool(s)
- Driving all project related tasks to completion
- Developing and Maintaining up-to-date detailed project schedules and work plans
- Monitoring critical project milestones, and identifying ways to resolve schedule issues
- Coordinating any required contract work within defined policy
- Conducting and site visits as necessary
- Assessing project performance and implementing changes as necessary to ensure the projects remains within specified cost, schedule, scope and quality objectives
- Communicating status of all projects to IT and finance stakeholders and management
- Developing and maintaining a productive working relationship with project sponsors, vendors and key clients
- Resolving problems of project specific scope within procedural guidelines
- Exercising independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance with moderate scope and complexity
- Preparing all project documentation for closure, storage, and possible auditing activities, ensuring technical accuracy
- Functioning in a process oriented environment
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.