Senior Java Engineer
A successful candidate will participate in the transformation and implementation of next generation securities lending system within the bank.
location: New York, New York
job type: Contract
salary: $80 - 90 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
As part of an agile scrum team, the candidate will work with users to refine requirements, design and develop high-quality and scalable systems. The candidate will be responsible for doing implementation of key program initiatives.
- 7+ years of professional experience developing solutions with Java/Scala or other OOP language.
- Experience with SOLID principals and object-oriented patterns
- Ability to apply architectural patterns and principles to achieve reusability, testability, scalability and maintainability
- Experience with financial data - e.g. FIX
- Experience with developing low latency/high throughput systems
- TDD/BDD experience, including experience with refactoring, testing frameworks (JUnit, xUnit and similar) and Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Experience with release management, branching strategies and distributed source control systems such as GIT
- Experience with Elastic Search
- Experience with Kafka or other messaging software (TIBCO, Solace, MQ, etc)
- Experience and desire to work in an Agile process (pair programming, daily stand-ups, etc.)
- Experience in designing and implementing RESTful web services
- Demonstrable knowledge of problem domain in which they have been working
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
skills: Desired Experience
- Domain driven design
- Distributed systems experience
- Developing Micro services and SOA based architecture
- Relevant industry (Securities Lending) experience
- Blockchain Technology
- Machine Learning
- Docker / Chef
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.