40 hours a week
3-6 month temp/contract role with Randstad Technologies
Foggy Bottom Area 2100 block of H Street, NW, Washington DC, 20052 Randstad Technologies
is seeking a temporary Web Developer with Drupal CMS experience to support one of our biggest client's, a major University in Washington, D.C. in the Foggy Bottom area.
location: Washington, Washington, D.C.
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
Qualified candidate's MUST have demonstrated experience with web development, web content design/development
. These candidates should have experience with the Drupal Content management system (CMS)
- Drupal 7 experience is a must-have
and Drupal 8 experience is HIGHLY PREFERRED
There may be opportunities for long-term, permanent employment with the client after the contracting period with Randstad, but this is only for candidates that are able to come in and provide expertise around, both Drupal 7 and Drupal 8 and the work will be more comprehensive than the work duties being required to be performed during the contracting period. Job Duties:
- Manages all technical aspects and architecture of our client's (specific division within client's organization - LAI) LAI's web presence.
- Deploys, maintains, and enhances the CMS and other sites to ensure high availability, performance, security, and to ensure that the sites meet evolving business requirements
- This entails back-end through front-end work: Administering Linux Servers, configuring CMS applications and databases, through creating web pages and custom modules
- Collaborates with web designer to integrate approved themes and design elements into CMS and CMS modules
- Utilizes Site Analytics to track and provide visibility into site activity, usage, and visitor profiles
- Utilizes SEO and Semantic Web Strategies to improve site visibility
- Maintains current documentation on application and server administration, and adheres to team practices for code versioning and code review workflows
- During the temporary contracting period, this candidate is going to be tasked with managing 1 drupal 7 site and 1 drupal 8 site, the biggest site is 800 pages, and much of the work will be maintenance, integration work, Integrating with their vendors (like a "Cataloging System")
- Candidate will also be required to work on Operational support related tasks... Assisting in maintaining & keeping code up-to-date within their main drupal sites as well as another custom site they work on.
- Again, work will be around keeping code up-to-date and maintaining it, cleaning it, etc.
- Drupal 7 experience is required and Drupal 8 is HIGHLY preferred.
- Candidate will consult with LAI Communications and partners to determine priorities and scope of business requirements relating to web projects, and communicates with decision-makers at all levels to discuss technical plans, risks and opportunities
- Experience developing and deploying high-availability, enterprise web solutions in Drupal 7 and Drupal 8 (preferred)
- Capabilities around architecting enterprise Drupal Solutions including: Data, Display, and information Architecture.
- Site building experience - including deep professional experience and capabilties with Drupal Modules such as CTools, Views, and panels.
- Experience creating CUSTOM Drupal Modules
- Knowledge of the Drupal Theme Layer - PHP, PHP Files and theme functions
- Experience Deploying, configuring, troubleshooting and maintaining applications in a Linux environment
- Technical experience - diverse - beyond drupal
- Experience integrating API-based data services into a Drupal site;
- Including experience with data representations such as JSON and XML
- Experience improving visibility of websites using SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and SWI (Semantic Web Identity) Strategies
skills: Good to know
- Hours are Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 5:00pm
- Attire is business casual
- Location: Washington, DC - Foggy Bottom area
If you or someone you know may be interested in this temp, Web Development
contract opportunity (3 to 6 month contract - with opportunity for full-time down the line - based on performance & experience) please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP!
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.