Determine solutions to business software/hardware system problems. Analyze business processes and write system process specifications to be used. Work with clients to determine their business needs to transform them into information technology system requirements. Typically holds a Bachelor's Degree and 5+ years of experience.
location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 70 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
The key activities for this position include:
- Support the Sr. Business Analyst in authoring SDLC deliverables
- Develop process knowledge to translate to business and technical requirements
- Document business processes and use cases
- Provide appropriate technical/functional software support throughout the life of the project
- Assist in testing preparation and implementation of new application
- Support development of training materials and facilitation of end user training sessions
- Contribute to the creation of operational support documentation
Complete other ad hoc tasks requested of Sr Business Analyst
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills, with the ability to interact with business users, technical IT groups, project managers, senior management, outsourced service providers, and vendors.
- 5 years' experience as a business analyst, with command of business analysis techniques & tools, as well as SDLC & iterative systems development methodologies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; able to organize and present ideas in a convincing and compelling manner.
- Ability to operate effectively in a matrix environment; team player yet able to work independently with minimal direction.
- Familiarity with GxP, CFR 21 Part 11 and systems validation.
- Life Sciences, Biotech or pharmaceutical industry experience preferred.
- Knowledge of:
- 2-5 years of experience in Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry - Clinical Data Management
- CDISC; EDC systems; SDTM and ADaM standards. Study-level dataset specifications.
- SAS programming skills preferred but not required
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.