Our client, a growing Financial Technology company, is looking for a Director to manage a team of product managers focused on data management and the distribution of data through the companies portal system. They are looking for a highly motivated candidate to lead a team of Product Managers to define, plan, and execute on a data management vision. In this role, you will partner with other leads across the team to execute on the overall product vision. You will interact with prospects and customers to understand their challenges with ingesting, manipulating, and analyzing data. You will work in an agile environment with our Design, Quality, and Software Engineering leaders.
location: New York, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $170,000 - 200,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
- Work with the Product Management team to identify, specify, and prioritize features and capabilities through direct input from clients, market development, developers and your knowledge of the domain.
- Lead the vision and roadmap of the data management platform, driving buy-in from key stakeholders.
- Mentor Product Managers to act as Product Owners on scrum teams, how to set the vision for the team, how to write and prioritize user stories, how to groom the backlog, how to keep the team focused, and how to communicate to stakeholders.
- Be the product champion externally, and passionate voice of the customer internally.
- Able to juggle multiple projects, meet deadlines, deliver results.
- Provide superior service to our clients via product documentation, product training, and sales support activities.
- 10+ years experience in product management or software engineering required.
- Experience building a product database is required.
- Experience working with clients and participating in customer-facing situations.
- Experience with web technologies such as REST APIs or SaaS is required.
- Experience in data science or advanced data analysis techniques big plus.
- Understands the credit and/or risk management vertical as it pertains to Financial Institutions a big plus.
- Approaches problems pragmatically with a focus on delivering high-quality products.
- BA/BS degree or higher.
- Excellent analytical, collaboration, organization, verbal and written skills.
- Fast learner, detail oriented and must enjoy fast-paced work environments.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.