This Full-stack Developer will work closely with Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning Engineers and become a core member of the Emerging Business Unit (EBU) team, reporting to the Senior Director, ML and AI, Emerging Business Unit. This is a newly formed, highly visible team that is key to long-term growth strategy that will lead our efforts to better understand and adapt to an environment characterized by widespread, technology-driven change. The EBU is charged with supporting innovation within our existing LOBs, developing opportunities in the "whitespace", enhancing our innovation process and understanding customers technology preferences.
location: New York, New York
job type: Contract
salary: $55 - 78 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Primary responsibility: Design and build UI component of a Machine Learning product.
Take ownership of stories and interpret business requirements for these stories with the assistance of Business Analysts.
- Provide feedback on requirements from a technical perspective, and provide estimates for user stories and tasks.
- Provide input into technical design, at the story and/or module level.
- Investigate and find the root cause for software problems reported by clients.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related major from top institutions, Masters degree is a plus.
- Deep understanding of Object Oriented design and development
- 5+ years of professional software development experience on multi-tiered enterprise applications.
- Experience with both relational databases, familiar with NoSQL databases
- Able to work well within the constructs of an agile development process, including SCRUM, Unit Testing, Continuous Build and Integration, etc.
- Willing to learn new technologies; capable of self-directed learning.
- Familiar with Databases: SQL, Oracle, Sybase, MySql, MongoDB, etc.
- Experienced in Others: Jira, Rally, CVS, SVN, Perforce, Git, Jenkins, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.