job summary: The Purpose of Your Role
Quantitative Developer is a core software engineering role in our dynamic and fast-paced quantitative development team. You will be 'embedded' within the quantitative research team and you will partner with the investment teams on various projects including portfolio construction, risk management, and alpha research. You will create high quality, robust, and efficient analytical solutions that will be used to enhance the investment processes.
location: South Boston, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 115,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
responsibilities: The Impact Your Work Will Have on the Organization
This role impacts the organization by improving the quality and time-to-market of Research initiatives through a combination of both analytical and software development skillsets. The assignments will include gathering the ideas, conceptualizing them through a programming language and creating a packaged solution that can be used by the investment professionals. This role will:
- Intelligently apply advanced analytics and quantitative concepts to support investment needs and develop new solutions.
- Lead the implementation of a research project through the entire software development lifecycle utilizing a full-stack implementation.
- Add scale, rigor, and repeatability to our Research teams through software development best practices.
- Assist Research teams in developing new models and products that will provide an advantage to the organization in the marketplace.
- Bachelor's Degree in a quantitative or computational field such as Statistics, Computer Science or Applied Mathematics
- Minimum of 5 years experience (or Masters Degree in relevant field with 3 years of experience) working as a quantitative developer/financial engineer within the financial industry (buy-, sell-side or analytics vendor). Ideal candidates have experience with building risk or alpha models and portfolio optimization
- Full-stack software development knowledge.
- Technical and programming skills including R, Java, SQL and Linux.
- Good understanding of advanced quantitative techniques and methods, statistics and econometrics - including probability, linear regression and time series data analysis
- Basic knowledge in either equities or fixed income asset classes
- Proven track record in hands-on development of analytical solutions
- Ability to effectively communicate with multiple stakeholders, including fundamental and quantitative researchers, technology partners and senior management
skills: The Expertise We're Looking For
The successful candidate for this role will partner with the fundamental and quantitative investment research teams to co-develop, validate and implement new research ideas with proof-of-concept, prototype, and production solutions. The candidate will be responsible for employing agile methodologies to conceptualize the ideas, using mostly R and SQL to then package the concepts into meaningful and effective solutions. To be successful in the role s/he should have a good understanding of advanced quantitative techniques and methods, statistics and econometrics, as well as a proven track record in hands-on development of analytical solutions.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.