The Senior Network Engineer is a member of the Global Network Operations team and reports directly to the Sr. Manager. Specifically, the SNE will be responsible for the implementation and overall management of the corporate data and disaster recovery centers.
In addition, the SNE is responsible for standards and support documentation for all company deployed routers, switches, firewalls and other critical communications devices. The SNE is responsible for providing an ongoing analysis of the network state and will be responsible for sizing the network appropriately. The SNE will assist the Sr. Manager as directed with special projects requiring a high level of technical expertise. The SNE may be required
location: Arlington, Virginia
job type: Permanent
salary: $95,000 - 110,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
1. Research, design, analyze, develop and maintain current network and system architecture to meet future business objectives: IE: Network modeling, Network Security, Network analysis, bandwidth optimization, routing and switching and disaster recovery planning/implementation.
2. Participates in infrastructure projects as intended to further the mission of the Conservancy and to extend field-based network functionality/performance/reliability.
3. Crafts, Coordinates, and executes strategic objectives, provides expert level troubleshooting, superior customer service and detailed communications to internal and external customers.
4. Creates and maintains system schematics, topologic drawings and comprehensive system documentation.
5. Responsible for the design and deployment of Cisco routers, switches and wireless access devices.
Bachelor's degree in Communications or equivalent technical discipline, with minimum Cisco CCNP Certification and 3+ years' experience managing Palo Alto firewalls.
Minimum of five years successful work experience in Local & Wide Area Networking and communications technologies.
1. Outstanding network trouble shooting skills.
2. Proficient user of network diagnostic tools.
3. In-depth knowledge of TCPIP and SIP Protocols.
4. In-depth knowledge of IPSEC and DMVPN protocols.
5. In-depth knowledge of Palo Alto Firewall Management.
6. Complete understanding of Cisco Nexus 9K switching environments
7. In-depth knowledge of Layer 2 switching.
8. In-depth knowledge of Layer 3 routing and Protocols; OSPF, EIGRP
9. Must demonstrate good written and verbal communications skills.
10. Effective communicator on all levels. IE: Complex technical / simple support. 11. Must be willing to work flexible hours.
12. Working knowledge of: LINUX, Windows XP and Windows Server.
13. Understand of Network Optimization appliances and configuration.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.