We are currently looking to fill a QA Test Automation position in our Index Research and Calculation department. You will provide automated and manual functional testing as well as model-based testing of our most highly visible products. You will help design test plans for new projects, and ensure that testing procedures are consistently followed. You will use tools to report issues and consistently track status. You will also be expected to bring programming skills to support test automation and potentially larger development projects as merited.
location: Richmond, Virginia
job type: Permanent
salary: $85,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
- Automated and manual functional testing of new products/product features as well as automated regression testing of existing functionality.
- Writing, reviewing, and updating product test plans, test cases, automated test scripts, and scenarios.
- All tiers of testing - manual, automated, front-end, and back-end.
- Execution of test plans, automated test scripts and test cases to ensure that software meets or exceeds specified standards, development specifications, and/or client requirements.
- Reporting bugs and tracking status through a resolution system.
- Build and maintain test tools and test applications to perform automated functional and regression testing as well as model-based architecture testing.
- Work closely with development, product development, and operations departments to ensure quality and timely services are delivered to clients.
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of the market host systems.
- Review system requirements and business processes.
- Maintain testing tools to be used by the broader team.
- Minimum 3 years experience with QA testing or related functions
- Experience with automation frameworks and tools ( required )
- Experience with automated testing tools ( required )
- Experience with LINUX command-line environments ( required )
- Bachelor's degree or higher required, comparable experience may be substituted .
- Superior organizational skills
- Customer service support skills
- Strong analysis and autonomous problem discovery and solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail and a creative thinker.
- Self-motivated (self-starter) and intellectually curious.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to adapt and execute in a dynamic environment, adjusting appropriately to changes to business, resource, or product priorities.
- Some domestic and international travel may be needed.
- Degree in Computer Science or Information Management (preferred)
- Experience and knowledge with the US Equities market and the business functions behind it (preferred)
- Experience with financial industry messaging protocols - ie: FIX (preferred)
- Experience with UML programming and Model-Based systems design (preferred)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.