job summary: Description
As a Web Developer, you'll be responsible for designing, coding and integrating new technologies into our website and ensure the seamless transfer of data between our software and our clients. You'll work with a small entrepreneurial team which is collectively focused on the disruption of the insurance industry using progressive fintech solutions in effort to gain market share. While your primary responsibilities will be tech centric, you'll also participate in strategic decision making to further establish the firm and our solutions.
location: Columbus, Ohio
job type: Permanent
salary: $115,000 - 125,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
- Design, enhance, and construct new and existing features to an application portal using performant, scalable, secure, documented, and maintainable code.
- Build and maintain 3rd party integrations utilizing APIs and/or data mapping.
- Work with designers and developers to maintain the websites front-end and ensure its marketability.
- Partner with leadership to deliver new and innovative solutions and assist in the overall growth of the company.
- Maintain a firm understanding of security principles and apply those principles to maintain security and minimize risk.
- Accurately scope out web development related projects, including time, resource, and cost commitments.
- Continually research and implement new trends and technologies to optimize spend, automation and functionality.
qualifications: Required Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in Web Design and Development or related field.
- 5+ years experience in web application development.
- Proven track record using PHP frameworks (Symfony, Laravel, CakePHP).
- Experience utilizing and developing for scalable high-availability cloud platforms.
- Experience with A/B and multivariate experiments, UI design and usability.
- Knowledge of website analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, NetInsight, Omniture, WebTrends).
- Experience in planning, executing, and measuring conversion tests.
- Experience working collaboratively using version control software (Git, SVN).
- Availability during off-hours in case of website emergencies.
- Knowledge or experience with other CMS such as WordPress or Drupal a plus.
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
skills: Candidate Profile:
- A digital guru. You know your stuff when it comes to principles and concepts related to web development, including PHP frameworks, website analytics tools, web programming language, web UI and usability, and object-oriented programming. You can effectively analyze qualitative and quantitative information to advise leadership and drive informed strategic decision making.
- A multitasking ninja. You get things done. You fervently plan backwards to meet timelines, achieve big goals, and manage complex projects in a fast-paced environment with many moving pieces and stakeholders and ensure goals reach or surpass the finish line.
- A supportive team player. You work effectively with others and go above and beyond to support the needs of your fellow coworkers. You are reliable and flexible and communicate effectively by communicating issues and challenges, listening, compromising, and seeking feedback.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.