job summary: Position Description
- Market Research/Consumer Insight Expert The Retail Marketing team plays a critical role bringing Made by Google products like the Google Client phones, Google Home, Google Clientbook, and Chromecast to consumers.
- We work internally with teams across the Google organization, as well as in close collaboration with outside retailers, operators, researchers, and many others, to bring our shared vision to life.
- Our team is passionate about creating amazing customer experiences, and understanding how to do so through deep, fact-based customer insights.
- As a Market Research Analyst, you will be a part of the Research, Analytics and Insights team which is responsible for analyzing and understanding the impact of Retail marketing efforts, and influencing future Retail strategy and design based on fact-based results.
- You will manage our survey initiatives globally, through understanding the research goals, crafting questionnaires, programming surveys into do-it-yourself platforms, creating crosstabs, and analyzing results.
- You will both build and execute your own surveys and analysis, as well as manage vendors who run survey programs.
- You will be responsible for including research methodology and design, synthesizing insights to drive actionable recommendations, and building compelling consulting-style analysis and executive review decks.
- Your consumer insights will drive critical creative and messaging decisions for Google hardware products such as Google Client and Home,, helping the team ensure the products resonate best with consumers in the retail environment.
location: Mountain View, California
job type: Contract
salary: $86.67 - 96.41 per hour
work hours: 9am to 6pm
- Support Research, Analytics and Insights team
- Meet with internal clients such as Go-to-Market and Partner Marketing leads to understand needs and scope research projects
- Drive all survey research, both online and in-person intercepts, including developing research briefs, setting project goals and learning objectives with internal stakeholders,, synthesizing insights, and developing final reports with external vendors Interface with external vendors' working teams to share goals, build questionnaires, manage timelines and deliverable due dates, test surveys, shape direction of final deliverables, and quality check results
- Report on inconsistencies or project risks to internal and external teams to ensure quality work
- Build questionnaires for internally and externally run surveys -Program surveys in online tool and test thoroughly prior to launching
- Track survey results while in field to ensure quality and timeliness of responses
- Leverage online platform and Excel/ Google Sheets to build crosstabs of data, including among key segments, to develop insights Build PowerPoint decks to share deep insights with creative, go-to-market, partner marketing, and other teams; create tight executive summaries with actionable recommendations for Director and VP level
- Time Management- ability to handle tight deadlines
- Ability to Multitask multiple studies/research at a time average up to 10 programs running simultaneously
- Communication Should be able to effectively communicate with people of various job titles, tenure and seniority levels
BA/BS required 2-5 years of experience in a Market Research role/firm. (Would also be open to Marketing Consulting as well)
skills: Skill/Experience/Education Mandatory
BA/BS required 2-5 years of experience in a Market Research role/firm. (Would also be open to Marketing Consulting as well) Desired
MBA is nice to have but not required Retail/Consumer Electronics is a plus but not required
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.