Randstad Technologies is seeking a Solidwork CAD Administrator for an opportunity in the manufacturing industry.
location: Kansas City, Missouri
job type: Permanent
work hours: 8 to 5
- Perform the highest level design and modification of sheet metal, extruded, injection and compression molded parts, wire forms and other components, complex assemblies and mechanisms, products, and product lines applying Company best practices, DFMA, and lean manufacturing principles with little direct supervision.
- Properly select component materials based on cost and engineering considerations.
- Perform tolerance analysis to verify robust design.
- Propose, design, and evaluate design alternatives.
- Perform initial FEA analysis to verify component/assembly performance.
- Create working drawings of parts and assemblies.
- Investigate and evaluate potential new manufacturing techniques.
- Calculate dimensions, weights, capacities, or qualities by applying mathematical formulas.
- Estimate costs of materials and labor for the product being developed.
- Assist in construction, testing, and evaluation of prototypes of components and products.
- Team player in the planning and organization of projects for the development of new products and product families.
- Demonstrate ability to integrate with other departments.
- Responsible for project design execution to meet project timelines and goals.
- Check engineering documentation of design work to Company and industry applicable standards.
- Plan and implement kaizen events related to product design, production implementation, and Engineering department goals.
- Work in partnership with tooling providers both within and outside of the Company.
- Troubleshoot and resolve design related manufacturing problems and support manufacturing kaizen.
- Responsible for monitoring and minimizing model and assembly inaccuracies.
- Associate's degree in engineering or related field and 10 years experience or commensurate experience.
- 8 year minimum experience using SolidWorks ® . Must demonstrate and maintain superuser level of proficiency in SolidWorks ® .
- Must have working knowledge of knowledge based engineering tools such as Drive Works
- 5 years minimum previous design experience.
- Must demonstrate a thorough understanding of the principles of DFMA, lean manufacturing, and dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Must possess a solid understanding of simple AC power circuits including concepts of power factor and short circuit current testing.
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations and demonstrates group presentation skills.
- Ability to express complicated and technical matters in a clear, concise manner
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.