The scope of the project is to provide technical support to Client dealers and end customers to help gain dealer confidence and customer acceptance across our end to end telematics solutions.
location: Dunlap, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $23 - 26 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Act as a telematics service engineer to coordinate and drive resolution and awareness to new issues with onboard (hardware) systems.
- Undertake dealer and customer issues to resolve urgent field problems through these key deliverables, but not limited to:
- Identification, investigation and procurement of resolution commitments for all significant field problems to maintain/improve product performance and development of quick field fixes, suggested design or manufacturing improvements.
- Work closely with dealer and Client personnel across multiple business units.
- Conduct fieldwork to establish execution plan, such as:
- Review customer(s) connected fleet and identify any quick wins to resolve quality concerns
- Review initial concerns raised by the customer
- Interview dealer and rep to identify problem statement
- Pull data on DSN/VL Call Center to show what tickets were reported previously. (Open or Closed)
- Provide recommendations and draft report
- In coordination with key personnel, execute on report findings
- Work w/ rep to setup closing meeting upon completion.
- Research solution requests using various Caterpillar information databases (i.e. DSN, CEDE, CPI, NPI issues list, Cat Gateway) and Caterpillar Tier2 & Tier3 Engineering personnel
- If an acceptable solution is not available then work with the Continuous Product Improvement (CPI) Service Engineer for further evaluation of dealer issue
- Deliver in the development and maintaining of end user documentation and training aides.
- Deliver training on the overall application, when required.
- 60-75% Travel to customer dealer sites
Must have Electrical Engineer degree
Excellent communication skills
Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written
- Works well in team environment
- Electrical Engineer degree
- Previous dealer or telematics support experience a plus, field service.
- Electronics support experience, TCP/IP, Bluetooth, Satellite, J1939, Canopy
- Ability to travel with short notice
- MS Office suite experience
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.