Application Sustain Systems Engineer
The Application Sustain SME provides daily support for a suite of IT applications and ensures normal operations. This role assists in systems analysis of the technical environment and collaborates with other members to maintain and improve system/application performance and stability.
The application is Java-based and runs on Red Hat Linux and Windows servers. It utilizes Tomcat JVM, MS SQL and Oracle databases.
location: Detroit, Michigan
job type: Contract
work hours: 9am to 5pm
-Develop deep understanding of the business needs for the supported application(s)
- Develop deep understanding of the technical aspects of the supported application(s)
- Involved in release transition and designing of monitoring strategies for new -functionalities
- Implement and maintain system/application automation using Java, shell scripts or other tools
- Troubleshoot application issues
- Drive and perform application maintenance tasks (monitoring, troubleshooting, upgrades, system testing, etc.)
- Comply with Incident, Change, & Release Management, IT Risk & Compliance standards
- Create and maintain application documentation
- Bachelors' degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- 3+ years' experience with Java applications development or level 3 support
- 3+ years' experience with SQL query
skills: - Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical users
- Technical aptitude, attention to detail, and strong problem-solving capabilities
- Knowledge in ITSM for incident, problem, change, and release management and CMDB is desired
- Experience in configuring monitoring tools such as Splunk, ScienceLogic, AppDynamics is a plus
- Experience with IVR or telephony systems a plus, but not required
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.