Responsible for development, and deployment of Business Intelligence solutions using the Microsoft BI stack and handle the installation, configuration, and management of all the components of SSIS, and writing complex SQL queries
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $45 - 60 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
The SQL Developer supports the design and development of all enterprise reporting and analytics solutions. The SQL Developer is responsible for developing SSIS package, SSRS and creating complex Microsoft SQL queries and analytics solutions. Working in close coordination with lead Developers, clients and Data Architects.
The SQL Developer develops understanding of clinical work-flows, business process flows and data relationships and operates in all phases of a Business Intelligence development life cycle which incorporates requirements definition, design, ETL development, report development and deployment as well as support.
This position collaborates with the development team, QA, Security, collaborative groups/clients and other cross functional teams to define, provide for, and test deliverables.
ETL Development (SSIS)
- Design and develop Microsoft BI stack solutions including SSIS
- Take charge of end-to-end development of reporting solutions such as establishing and maintaining different data sources and automate the collection of data used in operational reports
- Generate views, queries, stored procedures, triggers, and data warehouse reports through Business Intelligence (BI) Query Analyzer and SSRS to present KPI reports from SQL Server production databases to the management team
- Deal with the design, creation, and improvement of complex extract, transform, and load (ETL) structures using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages to enable the extraction, transformation, and loading of data from multiple data sources to data warehouse and other databases according to business requirements
- Review, analyze and collaborate with business analyst and development teams to fully understand requirement; contribute to the development approach for coding
- Contribute to the development of data approach for coding - Understand data guidelines, and understand data sources available, what is new based on requirements, and how the project will impact common data stores
- Collaborate with core team, QA, Security, and other cross functional teams to provide the appropriate solution
- Provide SME on Microsoft BI stack solutions and data to other teams; also provide ad-hoc reporting
Bachelor's Degree required
Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science, Math, Engineering, Informatics
skills: ETL Development
- MS SQL Server
- Database knowledge including oracle, SQL Server and PostgresSQL
- Unix and Windows Systems
- Query tools
- Knowledge of testing and QA procedures
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.