As a DevOps Transformation Engineer, you will be:
- Developing Software that advances DevOps automation and reporting within the company
- Working Directly with Application Teams to build out their Continuous Delivery Pipeline and achieve their DevOps goals
- Contribute heavily to documentation and training material to help application teams to know how to achieve DevOps goals without our direct help
The overall goal of this position and of our Engineering team is to transform the company into an organization that has a very high level of maturity in their people, processes and tools, especially as it relates to DevOps.
This is a unique role where you will be working with other engineers on your team, engineers on other application teams as well as engineering leaders across the company to help achieve these goals. This role requires technical innovation, passion, enthusiasm, collaboration and an expectation of high quality for yourself and others.
As the ideal candidate you are not only experienced in DevOps tools and practices, but also have an extensive track record of delivering innovative software solutions.
location: Raleigh, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $47.20 - 59.00 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
- Architect and Develop innovative software solutions related to the DevOps and Agile Transformation of the enterprise. The related technologies will include Jenkins, Jenkins Pipeline as Code, Docker, OpenShift, Kubernetes, Azure, Terraform, AWS, Kafka, ELK Stack and many other DevOps related technologies. Implementation languages could vary but will include Java and Groovy.
- Develop Continuous Delivery Pipelines (pair programming) for application teams that maximize the best tools and processes available and then handoff ownership to the application teams.
- Create Documentation and Training Materials for application team members to be able to achieve
Collaboration: Work with your peers within your team and outside your team to help develop these solutions. Work with leaders across the company to help advise them on how best to achieve their DevOps goals.
Learning and Teaching: To be a continuous Learner. To generously teach others what you learn.
Feedback: To provide respectful yet honest feedback to leadership about how to better achieve the DevOps goals.
Knowledgeable: To be Knowledgeable about DevOps and the need for application teams to adopt Best Practices. Should be knowledgable enough to gain the confidence of Senior Developers and leaders about CI/CD Best practices.
- Software Development 7+ years
- 3+ Years experience developing with Java and/or Groovy.
- 3+ Years experience with Maven or Gradle
- 3+ years experience with CI servers
- Demonstrate an expert level of understanding and experience with at least 1 CI/CD technology
- Must be a self starter and self directed with minimal guidance.
- Must consider themselves to be a Continuous Learner.
- Must Be Respectful of Others.
- Must Be an Excellent Communicator.
- Must be located in Raleigh NC, Minneapolis MN or Boston MA
skills: Nice To Have:
- Experience working on an Agile Team
- Agile Certifications
- Experience delivering technical training classes
- Experience developing technical training material and documentation
- Experience with multiple CI/CD tools
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.