A Customer Engineer I is responsible for the proactive and reactive support, troubleshooting and documentation of a specific customer. This position is ideal for a hands-on, well rounded engineer who desires to be involved in all aspects of the IT field. The position requires strong resource and time management skills for systems support. Individual will need to be self-motivated, detail and process oriented, possess strong verbal and written communication skills, excellent customer service skills and have solid problem solving/trouble-shooting abilities.
location: Atlanta, Georgia
job type: Contract
salary: $21 - 24 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Supporting end-users for deskside support ex. Workstations, Mobile Devices, VoIP phones etc.
- Supporting and trouble-shooting modern networks including but not limited to TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, switches, routers, firewalls, and wireless.
- Supporting and trouble-shooting multi-site Active Directory 2008/2012 environments.
- Supporting and trouble-shooting Microsoft Office 365 environments.
- Supporting and trouble-shooting multi-site WAN environments.
- Supporting and trouble-shooting on-premises networks with multiple WAN and VLAN configurations (including but not limited to cabling, routing, routing protocols, switching, internet, and overall network architecture).
- Supporting and troubleshooting virtualization (VMWare and Hyper-V) environments
- Proven customer facing field experience.
- Supporting and troubleshooting backup solutions both on-site and remote
- Supporting and troubleshooting storage area networks
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or equivalent experience
- MCSE, MCSA, MCITP: Server Administrator, MCITP: Enterprise Administrator or equivalent hands on experience.
- CCNA or equivalent hands-on experience
- Minimum of 3 years related hands-on work experience.
- Work experience must include supporting local area network connected devices or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient at troubleshooting Windows workstations and servers.
- Proficient at deploying Windows workstations and supporting Windows server deployments
- Good, but basic understanding of the entire Windows network, including LAN/WAN
- Hands on support of tape backup systems as needed
- Work with remote support as the local contact for outages and significant disruptions
- Proficient with Microsoft Active Directory 2008/2012, Microsoft Azure and Office 365.
- Proficient with the Microsoft Windows operating system Server 2008/2012/ WIN8/10).
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite of products (2010/2013/2016/O365).
- Proficient with Cisco router, firewall, switch, and access point configuration and management.
- Ability to work at onsite at client facility as required.
- Excellent service interaction skills with end users
- Self-starter looking to improve systems and user productivity at the customer site as part of a larger team. Important not to wait for tasks to come in but to look for ways to improve and interact with the user community.
- Able to juggle multiple end user requests, while managing priority and demonstrating genuine concern and urgency for the users who are not at the top of the priority list.
- Able to balance two distinct but (should be) well-coordinated management chains, i.e. the mindSHIFT management and the onsite customer management.
- Presents a tidy and professional physical appearance to customers and colleagues in a way the represents mindSHIFT well, especially at a customer site.
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends on occasion.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.