We are seeking a candidate with the demonstrable ability to find solutions where others couldn't, who has the drive, energy and determination to pull the team forward and persevere until the impossible is possible. We're looking for self-starters with a strong sense of urgency, comfort moving forward independently and sourcing input where required, and a tolerance for operating in a fast-paced early stage environment with a high degree of ambiguity.
You are a software engineer with experience building reliable, large-scale distributed systems which process data. You love mentoring junior engineers, working cross-team and collaborating to build rock-solid, maintainable, testable code.
location: Boston, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 1,400,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
- You will design, build and maintain data pipelines which ingest large quantities of structured data, images, and streaming time series.
- As an engineer on the data team you'll demonstrate your experience building large-scale, distributed systems.
- You will process petabytes of images, health data from entire hospitals, and time series at millions of data points per second.
- You will also build APIs to access this data efficiently.
- Use the client values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or similar technical field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of software experience with best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation). Flexibility to move between languages and platforms.
- 3+ years building data pipelines and interfaces
- 5+ years' experience developing large-scale distributed systems preferred
- Experience with Python and a typed language preferred
- Experience with data pipelines, change data capture, or similar technologies preferred
- Strong sense of urgency and proactiveness
- Ability to function effectively and independently in a fast-paced environment, organize and prioritize work independently, and meet tight deadlines
- Self-motivated, with an entrepreneurial mindset and ability to learn quickly
- Strong analytical, planning, organization and time management skills with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with technical teams, cross-functional teams, and staff at all levels of the organization including both technical and non-technical personnel
- Ability to successfully negotiate and collaborate with others of different skill sets, backgrounds and levels within and external to the organization
- Ability to effectively conduct meetings and lead and facilitate large working sessions with all levels of staff and across various stakeholder groups
- Demonstrates strong evidence of algorithmic and structured thinking, with an intuition for logic, pattern matching, what-if analysis, problem decomposition and synthesis.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and incorporate complex systems requirements into product features and prioritize features effectively
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.