We are seeking great people for a rewarding opportunity. We have an immediate need for an AS/400 Systems Administrator with a proven background in the successful management of IBM iSeries systems in an enterprise environment.
This position offers a fair market pay rate with employee benefits that include 401K, medical insurance, etc.
Please provide resume along with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.
location: Tallahassee, Florida
job type: Contract
salary: $9.99 - 999,999.99 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
?The IBM iSeries, AS / 400 Systems Administrator will be primarily responsible for the maintenance and administration of IBM iSeries servers, including system utilities, work management, job and print control, device management, system configuration, system security, backup and restore, patch and upgrade management, and other related system administration functions.
- At least five (7) years of hands-on experience supporting IBM iSeries environments in an enterprise environment.
- Perform daily administration of IBM iSeries computer hardware and software.
- Perform installation, configuration and maintenance of IBM iSeries hardware, software, networked devices, journaling, and related applications.
- Develop, document and maintain procedures for system utilities such as backup/restore, performance tuning and configuration of environments.
- Load and test operating system and application upgrades and patches in development, QA and Production environments.
- Recommend, document, and implement security best practices on operating system and applications.
- Provide cross-training for other team members on IBM iSeries administration best practices.
- Fact gathering, analyzing data, and preparing project overview which compares alternatives in terms of cost, time, availability of equipment, and personnel. Recommend course of action, plan and implement of the solution.
- At least five (5) years hands-on experience supporting IBM iSeries environments in an enterprise environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in a computer field (proof of degree required at interview). Systems administration and relevant experience may substitute for the degree on a year-for-year basis
- Knowledge of IBM iSeries system administration and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of IBM iSeries networking, access control and security best practices.
- Understanding of internal controls and change management processes.
- Skilled in solving technically challenging problems involving IBM iSeries based application and hardware issues.
- Skilled in prioritizing and balancing multiple tasks.
- Skilled in establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships and promoting teamwork.
- Working knowledge of CL and RPG programming language is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Domino/Notes environments is preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.