Sr. Machine Learning Scientist
We are seeking highly skilled machine learning scientists with significant experience in machine learning and advanced statistics. The focus of this position is to apply the newest mathematical techniques to help generate value from the Client's immense repository of health records. With unparalleled access to clinical data and expert clinicians, as well as a world-class information technology (IT) team, the team provides the perfect environment to focus on using analytics to effect tangible advancements in medicine.
location: Boston, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 150,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
- Lead research projects aimed at using clinical data to improve healthcare.
- Conceptualize and develop machine learning-empowered products.
- Interface with physicians to help answer important clinical questions based on medical imaging, pathology, and electronic health record data.
- Design frameworks for interfacing between health IT systems and research workflows.
- Work with academic collaborators to understand needs and implement cutting edge algorithms with machine learning.
- PhD or equivalent combination of experience and education (i.e. Masters degree and 4+ years of experience) in a quantitative field (i.e. engineering, computer science, physics, mathematics)
- Deep experience in data analysis, signal processing, modeling, and machine learning is required
- Fluent in Python
- Highly comfortable in one of Tensorflow, PyTorch, or Caffe2
- Must be able to leverage one of these frameworks directly
- Highly comfortable in the theory and practice of neural networks
- Capable of debugging faulty network architectures
- Experience distributing training across many GPUs
- Highly comfortable in traditional machine learning algorithms (e.g., SVM, boosting, bagging, etc.)
- Highly comfortable in SQL
- Comfortable working independently and defining measurable, achievable goals
- Experience shipping ML solutions in product
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with cross functional teams including staff at all levels of the organization including both technical and non-technical personnel
- Exceptional problem solving and negotiation skills
- Self-motivated, independent and possesses the ability to learn quickly
- Ability to successfully negotiate and collaborate with others of different skill sets, backgrounds and levels within and external to the organization
- Working Conditions
- Working with our team on site as well as traveling to meet collaborators at multiple sites in the Boston area
- Occasional travel to professional seminars and conferences
- Will oversee operating budget for a research project
- Demonstrates fiscal responsibility by effectively using resources
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.