We are seeking an analyst who understands data. You will extract meaning from our data by developing schemas which will be used throughout the orginization to access, interpret, and process our data. We will consider two streams for this role: those with more technical SQL knowledge and those with more medical knowledge.
The ideal candidate will be a Data Analyst who is driven by building products that matter, with experience doing it successfully in the past, both independently as well as part of a competitive team. S/he will have demonstrated the ability to find solutions where others couldn't, with the drive, energy and determination to pull the team forward and not quit until the impossible is possible. We're looking for self-starters with a strong sense of urgency, comfortable working independently and sourcing input where required, and with a tolerance for operating in a fast-paced early stage environment with a high degree of ambiguity.
location: Boston, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 150,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
- You will work to extract information from the heterogenous structured data, images, and time series data we ingest from the hospitals in our network. This data is often messy, incomplete, or inconsistent.
- You will map this data onto consistent ontologies and partner with our close-knit team of clinical innovation fellows, software engineers, and data scientists to extract the most value possible from our data.
- We see this work as critical to the growth of the CCDS. You will identify and enrich a wide range of structured and unstructured big data for analysis, acting as data integrity managers to amplify data quality and completeness.
- You will develop deep domain expertise on the underlying data sources and clinical workflows.
- Use the client values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration
- A strong academic track record of data analysis
- Applied data analysis experience
- Experience with SQL and relational databases
- Deep intellectual curiosity and passion for data
- Excellent problem solving, communication, and analytical skills
- Whilst some understanding of healthcare data is a plus, this is not required as long as you are willing to learn.
- Strong sense of urgency and proactiveness
- Ability to function effectively and independently in a fast-paced environment, organize and prioritize work independently, and meet tight deadlines
- Self-motivated, with an entrepreneurial mindset and ability to learn quickly
- Strong analytical, planning, organization and time management skills with a high attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with technical teams, cross-functional teams, and staff at all levels of the organization including both technical and non-technical personnel
- Ability to relate to and gain insights from product end users
- Excellent and succinct written and oral communication skills
- Ability to effectively conduct meetings and lead and facilitate large working sessions with all levels of staff and across various stakeholder groups
- Ability to successfully negotiate and collaborate with others of different skill sets, backgrounds and levels within and external to the organization
- Ability to empathize with the end user, understand and intuit customer needs
- and gain insights from product end users
- Strong decision making skills, with the ability to negotiate/balance decisions and priorities across functions; comfort making hard decisions with incomplete data and in a timely manner
- Demonstrates strong evidence of algorithmic and structured thinking, and intuition for logic, pattern matching, what-if analysis, problem decomposition. and synthesis
- Demonstrates ability to organize and incorporate complex systems requirements into product features and prioritize features effectively
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.