job summary: Summary
: Audio Visual / Video Conferencing Technicians are responsible for providing audiovisual and video conference support, as well as maintaining audiovisual and Video Conferencing systems at client site.
location: Lexington, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $26 - 28 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
The Audio Visual / Video Conferencing Technician shall be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Work independently onsite, but as part of a global team of A/V technicians, and report to the Global Manager
- Assist with setup and operation of audiovisual and videoconferencing systems, as well as provide support for conferences and events
- Provide support for all videoconference services
- Perform daily conference room checks to ensure all audiovisual and videoconferencing systems are operational
- If a capability is degraded or non-operational, notify client, and find alternative and/or temporary equipment configurations and/or alternative modes of operation necessary to permit continued system use
- Provide support that falls outside of the scope when requested and as needed
- Maintain a professional appearance and attitude
- Resolve all customer service issues with management
- Full compliance with company's policies and procedures
- Safe use of all equipment.
- Some lifting may be required
- Other duties as deemed necessary by the Global Manager
- Strong client and service focused mindset, demonstrate excellent listening skills and the ability to understand customer issues.
- Proficient in troubleshooting issues pertaining to the operation of the A/V system including: control system, videoconference codecs, displays, cameras, microphones, etc. in all conference rooms and A/V capable offices.
- Ability to read and follow AV system signal flow diagrams
- Proficient in removing and installing audio visual equipment and video conference codecs for repairs.
- An ability to use discretion and good judgment regarding sensitive or confidential information.
Minimum of 2 years industry experience in client-facing technical support role Qualifications:
Knowledge of Cisco or Polycom videoconferencing systems and knowledge of audio/visual (A/V) control systems and components REQUIRED EDUCATION:
High school diploma or equivalent. EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
Business hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. However, required work hours may vary depending on business needs. Ability to work flexible hours is required.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.