A growing U.S. based manufacturing group which has been in business for over 40 years; has an exciting opportunity for an Infrastructure Engineer in its Enterprise Technology Group. The position is located in the Northeast but will support remote sites throughout the US. This position offers both strategically and tactically rewarding job functions as well as highly competitive benefits and a compensation package including: competitive base salary, medical, vision, 401K with matching company contribution, disability, life insurance and paid-time-off benefits, Employee Referral Bonus Program, Ongoing professional development training, State-of-the-art office location, visible and exciting work supporting cutting edge technology solutions.
location: Lambertville, New Jersey
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
- Interface with employees to determine technology requirements based on new project priorities or other business needs
- Gather and document user requirements and business needs for the purposes of designing appropriate solutions in areas of ERP & CRM and other information applications as they relate to the manufacturing industry.
- Identify how applications operate, are structured, and how internal and external customers use them
- Effectively communicate pros and cons of alternative solutions to project stakeholders; suggest creative approaches
- Lead the development of requirements, specifications, design parameters, solution development, testing, implementation, performance measurement and maintenance of software solutions relevant to CRM, ERP, Reporting platform, Intranet and others as required.
- Monitor and support application performance to ensure efficiency and that output meets the needs of users; troubleshoot problems and adjust or make recommendations as appropriate in order to meet the needs of the organization
- Analyze and recommend process and methodology improvements as part of a continuous learning organization
- Develop custom queries to support data extraction and detailed data analysis
- Work in close coordination with other IT team members, including external contractors, to ensure efficient operation of the department and its resources; serve as a backup to other technology team members as needed.
qualifications: QUALIFICATIONS: Education, Experience, Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field and/or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 5+ years hands-on industry experience in developing, maintaining, and troubleshooting applications within ERP & CRM.
- Technical skills, including experience with at least one .NET technology and solid SQL skills.
- 3+ years business analyst experience in application development from gathering requirements, testing, implementing and maintaining applications.
- Experience in some Manufacturing industry.
- Experience developing business applications required with the following technologies Commercial Mid-Level ERP, Microsoft SSRS, SQL Server, Business Intelligence and SharePoint
- Experience administering, navigating and maintaining Windows server Infrastructure.
- Strong critical thinking, diagnostic and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work independently both in a single contributor role as well as within a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new software applications and perform as a subject matter expert and assist in knowledge transfer to the user community at large.
- Ability to build strong relationships with end users and team members
- Strong analytical skills and detail orientation; ability to thoroughly and accurately analyze business and technical requirements and develop appropriate solutions to meet those needs; good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining such solutions
- Excellent project management skills in order to plan, prioritize and monitor projects through the SDLC.
- Strong interpersonal and written/verbal communications skills; ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of customers and staff; communicate technical issues clearly and understandably to non-technical individuals
- Spirit of innovation and strong problem-solving skills; with a natural curiosity and passion about the latest technologies and leading practices and how to leverage such technologies within the association
- Continual enhancement of job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, computing equipment, participating in educational opportunities and maintaining professional networks
- Ability to adapt easily to rapidly evolving priorities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
skills: Big things are:
- ERP Experience
- CRM experience
- Manufacturing experience
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.