The Solutions Team and IT Actuarial Service is looking for a team player who enjoys problem solving and creating mission critical solutions. The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal skills and be a quick learner, who can easily adapt to varied tasks involving maintenance and support for Actuarial tools including both hardware and software.
location: Richmond, Virginia
job type: Contract
salary: $30 - 33 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
The Solution Support Technician will be responsible for the support of Actuarial and Finance end users; including server admin management, troubleshooting IT related actuarial processes and systems, and facilitating work requests with other IT specialists. The technician will also be responsible for supporting a distributed processing grid computing environment, which the Actuarial software utilizes. The candidate will have a strong understanding of Windows based IT architecture and support in the areas of server management, PC hardware, networking, capacity planning, AD permissions and storage solutions.
The technician will work directly with customers to better understand user requirements and support critical processes so a strong customer service background is required. Due to the criticality of this work and the Actuarial timeline calendar, on-call and after-hours/weekend support will be required.
- Solutions oriented, customer focused professional with strong interpersonal communication and troubleshooting skills.
- 4+ years of IT experience.
- Exposure to an enterprise corporate IT environment, with strong understanding of network and infrastructure topology.
- Knowledge of server hardware, storage solutions, network architecture, Active Directory and network file share permissions.
- Strong knowledge of Windows 7 and Server 2008/2012.
- Strong data analysis experience using advanced Excel, pivot tables, macros and Visual Basic.
- Proactive in providing excellent service to customers, identifying process short-comings, creating documentation, and seeking out where the team can provide additional value.
- MUST BE CUSTOMER FACING, both face-to-face and with remote support tools and proactively work with end users to create meaningful results.
- Must be able to participate in an On-Call Rotation primarily to support Quarter end and Year end activities.
skills: Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Scripting experience (PowerShell, VBA).
- Knowledge of distributed processing computing such as Microsoft HPC and GridLink.
- Basic understanding of IT Security principles and controls, including access controls and version control tools.
- Basic Insurance knowledge, including understanding of the Actuarial function.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.