One of our Taylor clients is seeking to add a Linux Administrator to their growing team.
location: Taylor, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $45 - 55 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
The ideal candidate will be a Linux and UNIX professional with enterprise-level experience. managing and administering an environment transitioning between both current and legacy technologies. This position will consist of day to day administration duties for over 1000 Red Hat Enterprise Linux servers of various major versions.
Common activities will include system builds and decommissions, sudo permission changes, filesystem structure maintenance and changes, troubleshooting assistance with application teams, on-call response to monitoring events and production support events, application configuration, etc.
Applicants for this position must have the following to be considered:
- RHCSA or above certification achieved at some point, but does not need to be current
- At least 2 years of experience managing a data center with 1000+ UNIX servers
Accordingly, an ideal applicant will possess the following skills:
- Understand and use essential tools for handling files, directories, command-line environments, and documentation
- Operate running systems, including booting into different run levels, identifying processes, starting and stopping virtual machines, and controlling services
- Configure local storage using partitions and logical volumes
- Create and configure file systems and file system attributes, such as permissions, access control lists, and network file systems
- Deploy, configure, and maintain systems, including software installation, update, and core services
- Manage users and groups, including use of Active Directory for authentication
- Create and modify sudo definitions for consistency across the environment
- Setting kernel runtime parameters and assisting in application performance tuning
- Producing and delivering reports on system utilization
- Using shell scripting to automate system maintenance tasks
- Configuring system logging, including remote logging
- Configuring a system to provide essential networking services, including HTTP/HTTPS, NFS, SMB, SMTP, and NTP
Additional consideration made for the following skills:
- VMware-specific experience with both ESX and vCenter versions 5 and 6
- Craft tools in Python to interact with application APIs and generate reports
- Write Puppet modules and/or Ansible playbooks
- Administration of Red Hat Satellite 6
- Configure systems for authentication via Active Directory using sssd, winbind, and/or PowerBroker
skills: Unix, Linux, Red Hat, HTTP, Active Directory, Shee Scripting, NFS, SMB, SMTP
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.