The senior project manager (PM) is expected to manage medium to large-sized Projects and/or Programs that are medium to high-complexity, broad in scope, interdependent, and have medium to long term implementation time frames. The PM works closely with product owners, architects, engineers, vendors/partners, and line of business stakeholders to deliver technology solutions in support of strategic and tactical initiatives. Primary focus for a PM is to manage control scope, timeline, cost, risk, and communications throughout the project lifecycle in accordance to internal project management framework.
location: New York, New York
job type: Contract
salary: $68 - 80 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Team member role reports directly to Infrastructure PMO Program Manager.
- Participates in organizational events such as Quarterly Offsite and Team Meetings.
- Represent the values of a professional organization and individually demonstrate professionalism and respect to their team and stakeholders.
- Continuously improve project management methodologies.
- Provide expertise and consulting to project managers in the process of project management and in the softer skills of team dynamics, team building and group motivation.
Individual Performance Measurement Criteria
- Initially, part of a project team to deliver a large infrastructure integration project on time, budget, and scope. Specifically, this will include:
- Management of remote site infrastructure and circuit deployment
- Co-ordination of the testing and commissioning of the remote infrastructure
- Management of an application migration process, moving applications from within a data centre into a cloud environment
- Management of the decommission of two datacentres (-post application migration)
- Oversee/manage all phases of projects from initiation to closure with full adherence and alignment with Moody's internal project management framework.
- Develop / track/ manage required project documentation and provide reporting cadence and distribution structure aligned with stakeholder expectations.
- Align and combine mutually exclusive projects into programs where applicable.
- Ensure deliverables meet quality requirements and are clearly documented.
- Develop and assign resourcing to activities, monitor performance.
- Manage escalations, project/scope/requirement changes, and RAID logs to ensure adequate attention to impediments with potential impact to time/quality/resources.
- Manage communications to all levels of stakeholders, proper issue tracking/reporting, and stakeholder validation of project progress / new business.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and lead efforts to communicate and implement them.
- Participate in group portfolio planning and prioritization efforts and accurately capture and communicate project priorities.
- Participate in vendor selection processes (including RFPs and Pricing) and manage against deliverables (including SOWs, change management, approval of deliverables).
- Partner with stakeholders to identify areas of improvement to increase customer satisfaction and decrease incidents / requests
- Mentor and help to develop less experienced Project Managers?
- Timely delivery of projects against target completion dates
- Project artifact maintenance and phase gate reviews
- Evidence of Process Improvements within the Infrastructure PMO Organization on assigned and unassigned work
- Effective use of communication and engagement to various audiences measured through customer feedback
- Customer and stakeholder satisfaction measured through the use of surveys
- Quality and effectiveness of the delivery of projects through the use of key performance indicators
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- 5+ years of project management experience in a related industry, specifically with technology infrastructure integration
- Proven track record of being detail-oriented in project management with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow through
- Project management, Process Improvement or Quality certifications required
- Managing project budgets and reporting
- Proven leadership abilities across all levels of an organization, including executive level
- Strong process orientation, problem solving and troubleshooting skills, and a firm commitment to quality
- MS Office Suite
- Ability to lead and collaboratively work with various stakeholders
- Delivering Presentation to various audiences, including Senior Management
- Recognized Project Management Methodology and Processes
- Change Management
- Understanding of various Project Management methodologies (i.e., Waterfall, RUP, Scrum)
- Multi-Stakeholder Management
- IT Service Management Platforms
- Ability to adapt and understand new technologies as required through project management
Experience managing a Program
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.