Business Process Consultant / Product Owner
- Support all phases of Agile software development to include initiation, design, development and testing
- Documentation of current state processes in the areas of Encounter processing.
- Act as Product Owner for Encounters capabilities: require high quality results, act as the recognized voice of the customer to the team, on behalf of the business and serve as a key decision maker
- Meet all Product Owner responsibilities including, but not limited to,:
o Understand customer goals and align goals with product vision and roadmap
o Communicate the product vision and roadmap
o Decompose the vision into features and user stories
o Share and decompose features into user stories
o Define and document acceptance criteria for user stories to conform with business standards
o Play an active role in release (Program Increment) and sprint planning to ensure the requirements are tracked and delivered on time and within scope
o Prioritize tradeoffs, clarify requirements, and work to drive user stories to acceptance throughout the Agile software development lifecycle
o Identify, define, analyze, prioritize and refine the requirements/backlog, and communicate milestones and visions to the development team
o Develop a market release plan for product features
o Formally accept the user stories once all acceptance criteria are met and demonstrated
o Receive feedback and take action as appropriate
- Perform Agile business roles as required: Subject Matter Expert, Business Analyst, and/or User Acceptance/E2E Test Analyst
- Develop detailed business requirements, test plans and scripts, and perform implementation check out processes for projects; maintain defect documentation / resolution library
o Develop business scenarios and test cases for User Acceptance and End-to-End (E2E) testing. Perform UAT and E2E testing.
- Coordinate project activities, scope management, change control process, cross functional issue resolution.
o Maintain and track issues log & prepare status report, hold status calls and enable information sharing between business and IT teams
- Work directly with internal stakeholders, including senior staff and department managers, as well as with focused development teams to ensure successful translation of requirements into high-quality product deliverables
- Collaborate with project stakeholders and technical teams regarding enhancements, changes, issues and defects that may impact development, data, workflow and functionality
- Escalate issues and remove barriers impacting work
- Verify value is provided to the business and ensure that all goals and milestones are met
Control scope and schedule to ensure on time project delivery
location: Cypress, California
job type: Contract
salary: $31.25 - 39.00 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
Please see above for list of responsibilities.
- Bachelor's degree or 8+ years of equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience with Project Management and/or Business Analysis
- 5+ years of experience in writing business and/or system requirements
- 5+ years of experience documenting processes and practices, often in accepted project methodology artifacts, while effectively prioritizing multiple tasks, priorities, projects, and deadlines
- 5+ years of experience using MS Visio, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel
- Experience driving teams and management to decisions and obtaining difficult information and answers
Experience working with cross functional teams in a matrixed environment
- Experience working on projects with high levels of complexity
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and ability to establish positive rapport with all levels of staff
Ability to effectively prioritize & multi-task in high volume workload situations
skills: Preferred Qualifications
- Performed work in a Healthcare organization - either payer or provider
- Understanding of Healthcare back office operations - i.e. Enrollment, Billing, ID Card generation, Claims Processing, Customer Service.
- Agile certification or equivalent work experience in an Agile environment
- Experience in Agile/Scrum work environment as a Product Owner: Writing user stories, and following the development process through user story acceptance
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO)
- Familiar with CA Agile Central
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.