Global Tools and Infrastructure Engineering team (GTIE) is seeking an energetic fast learning and self-motivated candidate that has strong technical skills and team leadership skills, able to work well with groups on a global level, has a consultative approach and problem solving abilities to enable our users to operate more effectively. The candidate will be responsible for providing expertise in Atlassian tools such as JIRA and Confluence. The candidate should have a passion for supporting customers and schedule deliverables with respect to supporting the Product Group.
location: Round Rock, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 53 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
- Develop mission-critical enterprise solutions and custom applications using Atlassian tools
- Solid understanding of Atlassian applications
- Designs and Develops workflows for ALM tools
- Analyzes software problems and develops workable solutions.
- Manages, resolves and documents issues and events related to software code and process
- Communicates with all stakeholders (customers, development teams, end users, etc.) to address system issues
- Proposes and implements software enhancements that will improve the reliability and performance of the system
- Learns new applications, Dell-specific technologies, system behavior and business processes as they relate to customer needs.
- Experience working with global, diverse and remote teams
- Experienced in Software development process, tools and training
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to be able to work with global teams and internal customers
- Possesses expert knowledge, skills and abilities required to resolve the most/highly complex IT issues
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or equivalent (certification and/or experience) with 8-10 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Previous Administrator with JIRA and Confluence
- Extensive hands-on experience with JIRA and Confluence configuration
- Act as a technical contact to troubleshoot issues occurring on JIRA or Confluence
- Create complex JIRA workflows including project workflows, screen schemes, permission schemes, and notification schemes.
- Perform business process analysis to determine how to implement processes in JIRA, including workflows, standardization, and agile development methodology.
- Provide consultation, guidance, and recommendations for how the business process could change to maximize development tools implementation.
- Debugging and troubleshooting issues
- Extensive experience in project management and Agile scrum methodology
- Has hands-on experience on Requirements Management, Bug tracking and Test case management tools
- Strong analytical abilities, problem solving skills, and attention to detail
- Solid understanding of troubleshooting and problem analysis procedures; ability to resolve problems quickly and efficiently
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.