This position is responsible for the operation of a department. An individual in this position will be expected to perform additional job related responsibilities and duties as assigned and/or necessary. Essential Functions
- An individual must be able to successfully perform the essential functions of this position with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Ensures project manager development and continued successful performance by providing mentoring; monitoring program and individual project progress; providing periodic project status reports and executive summaries to stakeholders and management; developing new project managers to ensure skills are aligned with established Project Management Organization (PMO) standards; and providing mentorship and guidance to peers and management on methodology and practice.
- Develops project management practices by adhering to the principles of the Walmart Global eCommerce (GEC) project management methodologies (for example, Agile); promoting the principles and business value of project methodologies throughout the organization; leading and contributing to the development and improvement of the Global eCommerce project methodologies; and communicating needed changes and participating in established feedback channels.
- Manages geographically distributed teams, off-shore development teams and third-party vendors (for example, software vendors, hardware vendors, photo vendors, content providers) by coordinating internal and vendor schedules and priorities; integrating teams and vendors into project strategy; communicating project status; evaluating system capabilities and ensuring sustainable functionality; ensuring delivery of proper functionality; and managing communications from vendors to internal stakeholders.
- Manages multiple highly complex projects (for example, system integrations) or a large complex Global eCommerce program by driving projects through the lifecycle phases to successful completion as defined in project's charter; serving as the project lead (for example, scrum master) for multiple projects; developing and maintaining a project schedule to track milestones; developing and executing plans for managing risk; escalating project-related issues to management in accordance with project guidelines and requirements; managing project change control processes; coordinating production issue resolution; interpreting data to help guide teams towards issue resolution and risk management; making recommendations regarding solutions to problems or issues; and presenting project status updates to senior leadership and key stakeholders.
- Leads the development of eCommerce projects and programs by collaborating with subject matter experts to develop project scope; forecasting projected expenses; developing and managing project or program budget; establishing metrics to ensure adherence to established expectations; developing capital and resource plans; developing project timelines and deliverables; ensuring successful delivery; and providing feedback regarding project success.
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning.
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness.
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy.
- Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost- effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
location: Sunnyvale, California
job type: Contract
salary: $72.00 - 79.20 per hour
work hours: 9am to 6pm
- An individual must be proficient in each of the competencies listed below to successfully perform the responsibilities of this position.
- Judgment: Make Informed Judgments - Uses relevant business metrics, analyses, and reports to measure, monitor, and improve performance. Identifies and applies sound, fact-based criteria in setting priorities and making decisions. Looks beyond symptoms to determine the root causes of problems, and identify and implement applicable solutions. Integrates knowledge and expertise in making fact-based recommendations and decisions.
- Customer/Member Centered: Ensure Customer/Member Centered Performance - Analyzes data and information, and develops plans to exceed customer/member expectations. Sponsors initiatives and practices that provide customers/members with desired products, services, and experiences and that grow the business. Ensures customers/members receive the level of service that builds their trust and confidence. Removes barriers to delivering customer/member value, service, and support.
- Execution and Results: Ensure Execution and Achieve Results - Conveys a sense of urgency in ways that motivate others to complete responsibilities
- and achieve goals. Pursues the achievement and alignment of measurable and meaningful goals. Leverages resources and talent to achieve business goals. Ensures others are held accountable for achieving expected results. Prioritizes and balances time, actions, and projects to ensure accomplishment of results. Monitors progress of others and redirects efforts when goals change or results are not met.
- Planning and Improvement: Ensure Planning and Improvement - Sets clear expectations, performance measures, and goals, and helps others do the same. Plans for and ensures others have the information, resources, implementation time, and talent needed to accomplish business initiatives. Identifies and plans for improvement in performance using key business metrics.
- Influence and Communicate: Build and Influence Team - Develops and communicates logical, convincing reasons, including lessons learned, to build support for one's viewpoints and actions. Involves others in decisions and plans that affect them, when appropriate. Recognizes and rewards team accomplishments, celebrating team and organizational success. Ensures business priorities, change initiatives, and organizational information are communicated in clear and compelling ways. Promotes the exchange of diverse experiences and ideas within own organization.
- Ethics and Compliance: Ensure Ethics and Compliance - Actively communicates, trains, and guides associates on compliance with policies and procedures. Maintains an environment that promotes and reinforces the highest standards of integrity and ethics. Anticipates potential issues and takes action to enhance compliance.
- Adaptability: Adapt and Learn - Demonstrates creativity and strength in the face of change, obstacles, or adversity. Adapts to competing demands and shifting priorities. Updates knowledge and skills to handle new complexities, challenges, and responsibilities. Seeks exposure to new ideas and perspectives. Identifies and takes steps to improve adaptability and continuous learning capabilities in own organization.
- Social Responsibility and Reputation: Strengthen Reputation and Local Involvement - Participates in and supports community events, and conducts business in a manner that creates and maintains a "good neighbor" image. Develops external relationships and partnerships to strengthen the reputation of the company. Serves as a credible and effective spokesperson and representative for the company.
- Talent: Train and Develop Talent - Monitors associate performance and provides constructive feedback that is specific, honest, accurate, and timely. Manages roles, assignments, and developmental opportunities to maximize organizational performance. Provides learning opportunities, guidance, and support in the development of associates.
- Build Relationships: Network Internally and Externally - Builds trusting, collaborative relationships and alliances with others, inside and outside of the organization. Relates to others in an accepting and respectful manner, regardless of their organizational level, personality, or background. Promotes a team-based work environment that respects, embraces, and values diversity in others.
Presents information to small or large groups and individuals.?Communicates effectively in person or by using telecommunications equipment.?Creates documents, reports, etc., using a writing instrument (such as a pencil or pen) or computer.
skills: Physical Activities
The following physical activities are necessary to perform one or more essential functions of this position.
- Observes associate, customer, or supplier behavior.?Enters and locates information on computer.?
- Working in the following environment is necessary to perform one or more of the essential functions of this position.
- Works overnight as required. Works varying shifts as required.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.