Sr. Embedded Software Engineer
IMMEDIATE NEED FOR A SR. EMBEDDED ENGINEER IN MURRYSVILLE, PA
The candidate must be highly intelligent and be able to formulate creative solutions to difficult problems. Engineering skills, judgment, and experience will be applied to ensure product innovation, quality, and that project schedules are met. Must be able to thrive in a fast paced, team oriented, new product development environment. Possess the ability to concurrently handle multiple project assignments and ability to lead as well as participate on cross-functional project teams.
This individual will operate technical contributor and will be responsible for contribution towards and oversight of key Sleep Therapy product development projects from the software perspective. A comprehensive understanding of embedded software engineering, design validation and verification processes, quality assurance and regulatory requirements, as well as a passion for science and technology will enable the candidate to execute successfully in this role.
location: Monroeville, Pennsylvania
job type: Contract
salary: $65 - 85 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
The candidate will be responsible for conceptual design and implementation of real time embedded software for use within medical devices.
- Actively participate in meetings & design reviews for product concepts, solutions, results, and status.
- Remain agile personally and within the team to adjust and respond to the needs of supporting product development and the demands of the business.
- Maintain and improve the quality position of the software team's deliverables and the overall business unit's products.
- Composure, conflict management, timely decision making, listening skills, self-motivation, and perseverance are all requirements of this position.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast paced, team-oriented, product development environment.
- Collaborating with other engineers on technical issues, problem solving strategies, and engineering principles.
- Creativity, technical judgment and the interpersonal skills required for the successful completion of multiple projects.
EDUCATION: Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Software Engineering required. Master of Science, desirable.
skills: Candidate Profile:
- Extensive embedded software development (C, C++, and / or assembly languages) and design background, preferably in a medical device industry.
- Strong understanding of structured design, embedded real-time systems, hardware / software interfacing.
- Requires the ability to understand schematics and work with hardware engineers to insure proper system design and function.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to work on multiple projects.
- Demonstrated successful results in leading as well as participating on technical teams.
Experience must include, but is not limited to the following:
- Experience in the various aspects of embedded development.
- Experience with different Microprocessors implementing embedded real time solutions.
- Experience in developing software requirements, design documents, software implementation and testing.
- Experience and comfort with the use of test and analysis equipment essential in the development of embedded devices.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.