Sr. Systems Engineer
job summary: Overview:
Randstad Technologies, a global and national leader in the IT Staffing and Services industry has an immediate need for Sr. Systems Engineer to sit onsite in Rockville, MD to join a highly talented and growing infrastructure team.
This is a long term contract paying up to $75/hr. Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
If you are interested in being immersed in the elements of cloud development, design, integration, operation, and support of infrastructure services, this may be the role for you!
location: Gaithersburg, Maryland
job type: Contract
salary: $70 - 75 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Work with operational, application and engineering experts to develop, implement and maintain services, monitoring, reporting, P-V migrations and new automation functionalities for comprehensive solutions that meet and/or exceed application requirements.
- Provide operational support and request fulfillment associated with Cloud Red.
- Primary functions include troubleshooting cloud-related issues, completion of requests, lifecycle management, capacity, health and performance management, continuous service improvement, business and technical analyses, reporting and project management.
- Support the cloud in a hybrid operating system environment and work efficiently with our technology providers as well as other engineering, application, and operations teams.
- Undergraduate degree in an engineering or computer science discipline and/or equivalent experience/certification
- 8+ years' experience in an enterprise systems operational role
- Experience in the design, implementation or operational support of mission critical solutions in large scale environments and organizations
- Demonstrated experience delivering technology solutions in a fast-paced, deadline driven enterprise environment
- Demonstrated experience learning and applying new technologies to solve business needs
- Excellent understanding of change management, testing requirements, techniques, and tools to ensure high availability of systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for a wide range of audiences including executives, business stakeholders and IT teams
- Strong attention to detail with an ability to operate effectively across multiple priorities
- Demonstrated ability to perform independently as a member of a team and through cross functional initiatives
skills: - 5+ years' experience in an enterprise systems operational role
- 5+ years' experience maintaining, administrating and supporting computer hardware and operating systems software (Examples: Windows, Unix, Linux, VMware, ESX)
- 5+ years' experience working with converged or hyper-converged ecosystems
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.