Scrum Master - IT
**Looking for Kanban experience**
The Scrum Master is responsible for working with multiple and /or larger scale teams for Agile based processes. Incumbents work with greater independence and lead the effort to drive solutions to complete issues with multiple teams. This role works closely with other scrum masters, product owners, team members, and program leadership in accordance with the Agile framework.
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Contract
work hours: 9am to 5pm
With minimal supervision:
Ensures that the Team is fully functional and productive, shielding them from external interfaces.
Exemplifies a servant leadership style; role models situations and behaviors for their teams to include:
Removing barriers and impediments that are preventing the team from completing work.
Captures metrics to monitor Team and project health (Burn-Down Chart, velocity, etc.).
Managing conflict and facilitating team decision making, enabling close cooperation across all roles and functions.
Mentoring Team members and promotes Agile thinking, ensures adherence to the process.
Performs the following Agile practices and processes to ensure the integrity of the Agile framework:
Owns specific Agile ceremonies - Daily Stand-Up, Sprint Planning (Part 2), End-of-Sprint Review, End-of-Sprint Retrospective.
Facilitates estimation activities (story points, Planning Poker).
Maintains the backlog and physical Scrum (task) board in partnership with the Team and Product Owner.
Ensures artifact quality.
Captures and track impediments, risks and dependencies until resolution.
Updates team's improvement backlog with commitments from the Retrospective
Completes and shares the team's Sprint Commitment report and End of Sprint Report based on the Demo and Product Owner acceptance.
- Graduation from a four-year college or university; OR 5 years of prior work related experience in lieu of a degree
- 1-4 years of experience with project concepts and practices
- 1-3 years of Scrum Master experience or related Agile experience
- Working knowledge of Agile/Scrum framework.
skills: Desired Qualifications
- Awareness of SAFe
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to foster collaboration across teams and geographical locations
- Experience supporting web applications and content management systems
- Ability to resolve/facilitate the resolution of complex issues that require significant freedom of action and sound judgment with little management oversight
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.