Under minimal supervision provides front-line support to end users for installation, repair and preventative maintenance of personal computers, network infrastructure and related systems. This support may be provided on-site or remotely as needed. Installs, configures and troubleshoots desktop systems, workstations, servers and network issues.
location: Plano, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $22 - 25 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
education: High School
- Maintains passwords, data integrity and file system security for the desktop environment.
- Communicates highly technical information to both technical and non-technical resources.
- Interacts with numerous resolver groups to restore service and/or identify core problems.
- Simulates or recreates user problems to resolve operating difficulties.
- Responsible for maintaining acceptable levels of customer satisfaction according to defined policies. Works with engineers to resolve tier 2 and Tier 3 support issues.
- Trains end-users on software packages and standard IT procedures as required; participates in new application rollouts, testing and special Projects as needed.
- Trouble shoots software and hardware failures and identifies network problems when related to personal desktop computers and terminals.
- Activities include recognition, research, isolation, resolution, and follow-up steps. Works on assignments that are moderately complex in nature. Interacts daily with supervisor, peer groups, Service Desk and customers.
- Interaction normally involves exchange or presentation of factual information.
- Normally receives little instruction on day to day work, general instructions on new assignments.
- High School education or equivalent and 2+ years of related experience.
- Candidate must be able to carry and lift up to 40 lbs. Candidate will be required to walk distances between customer buildings on the campus. It is possible this may require up to 1-2 miles each day.
- A+, Network +. MCP, MCSE, ITIL v3 Foundation
- Video Teleconference Support
- Mobile device Support (iOS, BlackBerry,Android)
- Manufacturer's Depot level certifications: HP, Lenovo
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.