job summary: Our client is currently seeking a Business Solution Architect for a 3+ month contract opportunity located in San Francisco, CA.
location: San Francisco, California
job type: Contract
salary: $75 - 86 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
responsibilities: Position Summary:
Seeking an architect "Principal" to support its customer information system, CC&B, which is one of two enterprise systems. It processes metering data, generates billing and associated financials, processes customer payments, and initiates and tracks collection and severance. In addition, it contains information to support contact center and field services operations. CC&B is an Oracle application with approximately 60+ direct interfaces to other internal and external applications.
We are seeking a candidate with a solid understanding of application lifecycle best practices in design and integration of end to end solutions. The successful candidate must have a broad IT technology skill set, along with very strong communication and collaboration skills. The successful candidate will need to be able to lead and work in a matrix group environment. Specific Job Responsibilities
- The Business Solution Architect is responsible for developing the technical strategy, architecture, design and system application standards for the overall MTC systems enterprise architecture.
- Evaluates project requirements and produces solution blueprints that enable project teams to develop systems that are robust, flexible, scalable, secure, and that support enterprise strategic initiatives.
- Support enterprise architects, client portfolio leads and systems analysts to provide IT solutions that are consistent with Enterprise Standards, Architectures and Strategies.
- Responsible for providing senior level expertise on decisions and priorities regarding the enterprise's overall application system architecture
- Develop and document integration and implementation changes to applicable CC&B and MTC interface technical standards.
- Provides technical guidance to project and operational teams as appropriate
- Responsible for researching and providing guidance on emerging technologies and industry trends to better serve the MTC IT and business organizations
- Regularly called upon to apply creativity or new approaches to technical and administrative assignments that may be unique.
- May lead complex projects or tasks that require coordination across various IT and business disciplines.
- Work closely with the MTC Development and Operations and Support teams in the maintenance and operation of the MTC systems domain.
- Coordinate with Tech Arch, Infrastructure Services, PMO and related project teams in the on-going support of the MTC applications and interfaces.
- Deep level knowledge of CC&B and tools (e.g. Configuration Tools).
- Deep level understanding of system integration and infrastructure processes and procedures.
- Expected to develop, propose, implement and promote continuous improvement.
qualifications: Minimum Qualifications:
- 8+ years of technical analysis, design and/or architecture related work with strategic thinking and presence
- Demonstrated experience in working with cross functional teams, both in IT and with business
- Proven ability to be flexible with managing numerous issues and projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, high-visibility work environment (with multiple stakeholders who sometimes have competing priorities)
- Applies deep level knowledge of subject area and procedures and techniques; ability to use and define technical details of assigned work.
- Serves as key technical resource across several disciplines.
- Mastery knowledge of systems design methodologies, application lifecycle, techniques and tools, and design patterns related to technical architecture
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge, principals, and/or applications of the area; is able to understand complex ideas and make recommendations in this area.
- Experience with multi-tier enterprise architecture environments
- Proficient with SQL and running database queries
BA/BS and/or MA/MS or equivalent Training, Licenses or Certifications
8+ years of technical design and/or development required
- Core Competencies for Line of Business (e.g. Customer Care, Finance, Procurement)
- Open Communication: Act with integrity and communicate honestly and openly
- Passion for excellence and customer service: Have a mind set of excellence and passion for delivering for our customers and shareholders
- Accountability and Safety: Take accountability for all of our actions.
- Diversity and Inclusion: Respect others and demonstrate fair treatment to all
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.