The Technician should have an advanced understanding of IP Network functions such as MPLS, Internet, Ethernet, and Managed Services signal flow. Performs tasks associated with the maintenance, implementation, troubleshooting, and change of company IP network services. Requires a solid understanding of telecommunications, as the tech will be responsible for assisting, leading and engaging the team for technical development, processes, documentation, standardizing and procedures of the team. Ability to communicate with customers effectively to troubleshoot IP and Security issues.
location: Littleton, Colorado
job type: Contract
salary: $39 - 42 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Assist SDWAN team on advanced troubleshooting exercises
- Work with customers during live traffic service activations.
- Ability to work with inter-departments to resolve and troubleshoot technical issues.
- Demonstrates professional customer-facing communication skills.
- Drives resolution of faults through vendors and internal groups.
- Multi-tasks and interfaces between many systems and databases.
- Performs all levels of IP troubleshooting.
- Performs all levels of Firewall and Security issues
- Proactively finds opportunities to improve departmental effectiveness such as, decrease MTTR/MTTI, reduce defects, improve first pass yield, etc.
- RFO creation and customer follow up.
- Ability to work without supervision.
- Mentor and train technicians.
- 8+ years of relevant job experience.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree, or equivalent Education, and relevant work experience.
- Engineering or related field (Telecom, Network, IT) - CCNP and/or JNCIP preferred, or equivalent job experience
- MEF-CECP 2.0+ preferred, or equivalent job experience
- Exposure to Network Design (LAN technologies, WAN technologies and ISP/Hosting technologies)
- Advanced knowledge of all Ethernet Topologies.
- Strong fundamentals of SD-WAN technologies.
- Experience with Versa Director or equivalent GUI
- Comfortable with CLI, experience with Unix is a big plus
- CCNA / CCNP Certifications is a plus
- JNCIP/JNCIE Certifications is a plus
- MEF-CECP 2.0+ is a plus
skills: - Leadership experience
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed
- Ability to work in a team environment and communicate with customers in a professional manner
- Fundamental Knowledge of OSI model
- Classless Inter-Domain Routing (CIDR)
- Advanced knowledge of Routing Protocols. Experience must include: TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, static routing, Multi-cast, & QoS/CoS
- IPSEC & GRE, and Security/Firewall basics
- Attention to detail with good organizational and transcription capabilities.
- Ability to prioritize with good time management skills.
- Ability to provide technical leadership and guidance
- Ability to mentor lower-level technicians
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.