Jr. Datacenter Technician
We are looking for a Jr Technician to assist our larger team with day to day operational tasks including relocation of lab and work spaces as well as removing outdated equipment from IDF's, MDF's, DC's, IT workroom, and IT shipping bay and processing it for e-cycle. We are looking for a motivated team player that is able to take and follow instructions and execute them successfully with limited direct oversite.
location: Santa Clara, California
job type: Contract
salary: $37 - 40 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
Un-rack gear and move it to central location
* Interface with finance and legal to process the gear at the central location for e-cycle
* Execute on plans to setup new workroom and lab space
* Coordinate with senior team to ensure they understand and can execute the plans
* Regularly walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch.
* Regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds; and participate in group lifts for 41 pounds or more
* Carry objects weighing up to 40 pounds for short distances.
* Perform physical tasks all day without becoming overly tired
* Use hands to manipulate small wires and objects
* Push or pull heavy objects into position
* Work in a noisy areas with hotter and colder temperatures than standard office environmental conditions.
* Collects information and performs data entry into DCIM tool
* Contact vendors for quotes
* Communicates by telephone and e-mail with vendors about status and/or problems to resolve issues
skills: Required Skills/Qualifications to include, previous experience in a similar role, proficiency in MS Office, (Outlook, Excel, Word, Visio etc.), attention to detail, organizational and interpersonal skills a must
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.